Cook II (36 hrs/wk)
***Up to $2,000.00 sign on bonus of a new employee of EvergreenHealth***
One free meal per shift!
$18.61 hr. - $27.84 hr. DOE
Responsible for preparing food products (i.e. main entrees, soups and sauces) in an commercial kitchen setting utilizing basic and advanced cooking techniques, standardized recipes and plating guidelines. Involves meeting production schedules in accordance with health, safety and sanitary standards, guidelines and regulatory requirements. Accountable for the quality of food items prepared, ensuring proper utilization and storage of food and supplies, and for maintaining the orderliness and cleanliness of equipment, supplies and work areas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Preparation, cooking, carving, and portioning out meats, entrees, vegetables, starches, soups, and sauces.
- Maintains all hot and cold prepared food at proper temperatures.
- Plans cooking schedule according to menu and department volume needs.
- Selects and displays recipe cards.
- Reviews production sheet to determine type and amount of food to be prepared.
- Procures food items from refrigerator, freezer, or storage areas.
- Requisitions, or directs the procurement of, supplies as needed.
- Labels and dates all leftovers and/or refrigerated food.
REQUIRED for the position:
- High School graduate or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A valid Washington State "Food and Beverage Workers" Permit
- ServSafe or Certified Professional Food Manager (NEHA-National Environmental Health Association) certification or ability to obtain within 180 days of hire date
- 2 years of progressively responsible related work experience in the fast-food, restaurant, hospitality or other culinary environment, or any combination of education and experience that would demonstrate the capability to meet the requirements
- Requires experience preparing starches, vegetables, soups, sauces, and gravies in a food services setting, and experience using and maintaining a variety of cooking equipment.
- Ability to understand and apply business math as required by the duties.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
DESIRED for the position:
- Vocational training courses in commercial food preparation setting or combination of work experience.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW. Union membership is optional.
EvergreenHealth offers a rich benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Benefits, Employer Match Retirement Plan, Employee Discounts and Commuter Benefits including Transit Pass for Commuters.
short order cook, prep cook, restaurant, food service, room service, fine dining, pantry, deli, sandwich counter, catering, production, culinary