Clinical Lab Asst Phleb-SEIU- Laboratory (40 hrs/wk, Day) **Sign-on Bonus**
***Sign-on bonus up to $5,000.00 for experienced CLA's new to EvergreenHealth with one (1) year or more of current experience*** Pro-rated by FTE.
***Sign-on bonus up to $2,500.00 for CLA's new to EvergreenHealth with less than one (1) year of current experience*** Pro-rated by FTE.
Performs venipuncture and capillary specimen collection on patients. Depending on work location, performs in-house phlebotomy, in house processing, phlebotomy in a physician office setting, or registration and phlebotomy in a patient service center. Demonstrate effective communication among laboratory colleagues, clients, physicians, medical office staff and patients.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Certification from an approved phlebotomy-training program with successful completion of a required internship preferred, or relevant work experience
• Medical terminology
• Able to qualify for a State of Washington Medical Assistant – Phlebotomist (MA-P).
• Have and maintain current Healthcare Provider CPR certification.
DESIRED for the position:
• 3 years of experience working in a clinical laboratory customer service or specimen processing role
• Previous training and competence in dealing with the unique needs in the range of customer service situations with clinicians and their office staff
• Working knowledge of the various government regulations specifically Medicare and the Washington state medical Test Site regulations. Working knowledge of the College of American Pathologists (ASCP) and the Joint Commission (TJC) inspection criteria
*** We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits***
- Excellent Medical, Dental Vision benefits and Retirement Program
- Free Parking
- Professional development/ Continuing Education/ Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance program
For more information about EvergreenHealth, please visit us here.
*This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW.