EvergreenHealth’s Educational Services Teams seeks an inventive Learning Technologist to build digital solutions which raise the bar on what constitutes an exceptional and impactful learning experience.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Manager of Educational Services, the Learning Technologist helps support the vision, direction, and overall strategy for all learning technologies. This position is the primary system administrator for the HealthStream learning management system, and is responsible for all aspects of functionality, configuration, maintenance, implementation of new services, and enhancements. This includes validation of requirements, overseeing system audits, testing, system updates and upgrades, content integrations, system integrations, data feeds, admin training, reporting/analytics, innovating LMS updates/upgrades for a better user experience by consulting across business units. Additionally, this role provides technical leadership and is both strategic and supportive in relation to all learning initiatives. This position is responsible for day-to-day technical and training support for multiple eLearning platforms including, HealthStream, lecture capture platforms, eLearning authoring tools, video editing tools, audience response systems and online meeting systems. This position requires effective collaboration across disciplines and with all levels of the organization to ensure a positive experience for learners and our business partners by acting as a customer service liaison providing best-in-class issue management and resolution.
The ideal candidate would have the technical skillset to build exceptional digital learning experiences; a great eye for design and aesthetics; and experience with instructional design for adult learners. This role will bring it all together to build engaging, innovative learning experiences.
- Creates strategies for implementation of new courses, tools, processes, LMS maintenance, etc. and manages day-to-day activities within the LMS including inbox, course and user management
- Defines user roles, attributes, creates and manages learning paths/curriculums, new events/sessions, assessments, and workflows to determine auto-enrollments and LMS efficiencies
- Provides input into future strategic development opportunities for the LMS based on system or strategic enhancements
- Develops and maintains procedures and policies to drive best practices related to data integrity, naming conventions, training records and training documentation for the LMS while maintaining the Knowledge Database
- Identify and enact opportunities for process and quality improvements, providing feedback on usage, defects, and suggested enhancements including providing expertise and support to LMS users, identification and validation of course improvements, and LMS content migration. Assist in building the appropriate level of technology support processes to help education initiatives.
- Develop and deliver instructional support materials for subject matter experts such as how-to guides for training learning technology platforms, layout development, management, and delivery while offering LMS issue management and resolution to ensure a consistent learner experience through excellent customer service.
- Develops and updates standardized tools and reporting for ongoing access to learning information; generates standard and custom reports
- Acts as an internal consultant by generating, analyzing, and interpreting LMS usage activity, course evaluation, compliance and additional metrics on a regular basis, supporting compliance, corporate and operations reporting as needed and making recommendations for process and utilization improvements for the training team’s business requirements, initiatives, and strategies
- Performs training record audits and responds to audit inquiries
- Conducts regular maintenance of existing courses to ensure alignment with current business needs
- Manages content lifecycle from loading to end-of-life; works with leaders to keep content fresh and relevant; identifies outdated and redundant content
- Actively engages with the IT / HRIS teams to ensure system optimization between all learning technology and the IT/HRIS infrastructure to continually innovate and update processes for efficiency by consulting with stakeholders on the needs of the organization and the best approaches for leveraging LMS technology in areas of content development, coursework distribution, onboarding, reporting, user feedback, compliance, etc. to create a better learner experience
- Provides technical and “how-to” support related to the LMS for internal users and works with LMS vendor to escalate and troubleshoot problems while providing excellent customer service
- Research, pilot and deploy relevant emerging technologies. This includes collaborating with partners to leverage and/or deploy the learning technologies.
- Provides expertise on new learning approaches, technology, and tools through continuous research to ensure solutions meet or exceed industry learning standards and deliver innovation
- Creates modules and assessments using eLearning files and software (HealthStream, Camtasia, PowerPoint)
- Edit video, record sound and create storyboards for learning modules
- Responsible for management of technical and operational support of learning technology applications including: online assessment platforms, audience response applications and general webinar learning sessions
- Responsible for one-on-one support to Instructors/Leaders in support of technology use in their course(s) and partner with them to provide creative and effective learning technology solutions that meet instructional goals
- Maintains department SharePoint page
- Assist with researching, brainstorming and implementation of engaging learning solutions
- Performs other duties as assigned
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 5 years’ experience in digital learning / HRIS / learning / HRIS / another related systems role
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the field of Learning & Development
- Minimum of 3 years LMS Administrator/Management experience; preferably in a medium to large-sized company
- Experience with instructional design and adult learning principles
- Working knowledge of eLearning authoring tools, SCORM, AICC, and/or xAPI eLearning standards
- Experience video editing, screen capture, audio recording (Camtasia preferred)
- Experience managing SharePoint page(s)
- Designing experience with blended learning solutions and working with LMS technologies (HealthStream preferred)
- Understanding of platforms that produce synchronous and asynchronous virtual learning experiences
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve learning technology issues
- Understanding of business issues, ability to adapt and remain flexible during times of change, ability to comprehend business operations and provide quality insight as to how to achieve goals and ensure business success.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service skills
- Utilizes project management skills to drive projects to completion
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under tight deadlines and successfully multitask
DESIRED for the position:
- Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD), Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD), or similar certification
- Master's degree in adult learning and development, nursing education, education technology, or a related field
- Experience working in Healthcare
- Experience working in HealthStream Learning Management System
** We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits **
- Excellent Medical, Dental Vision benefits and Retirement Program
- Free Parking
- Professional development/ Continuing Education/ Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance program
For more information about EvergreenHealth, please visit the website https://www.evergreenhealth.com/about-evergreenhealth.