RN - Geriatric Care
Responsible for the total direct nursing care of all patients within established standards of care, hospital and unit policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Provides direct patient care and functions as a patient advocate.
- Provides continuity of care between the clinic, hospital, ER, specialists, Home Health, Hospice & LTC facilities.
- Triages patients in person and via phone.
- Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs and develops a nursing diagnosis.
- Coordinates the patient and family/significant other/caregiver education process.
- Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other/caregiver into the process.
- Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient plan of care.
- Performs nursing visits within scope of practice
- Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor’s in Nursing (BSN) (or required within 5 years of employment)
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
DESIRED for the position:
- Master’s degree in Nursing
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the WSNA which contains a "union security" provision. Union membership is optional.
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN program within three years and obtain a BSN within five years of employment.
Please note this BSN requirement does not apply to current EvergreenHealth RN's hired prior to April 1, 2014.