Construction Project Manager
Wage Range: $106,704.00 - $170,684.80 / year
Posted wage ranges represent the entire range from minimum to maximum. For jobs with more than one level, the posted range reflects the minimum of the lowest level and the maximum of the highest level. Some positions also offer additional premiums based on shift, certifications or degrees. Job offers are determined based on a candidate's years of relevant experience, level of education and internal equity.
Primary responsibility to direct construction project management process to successful delivery of assigned projects from project inception to completion. Work in close coordination with other Construction Management (CM) staff and EH support departments as well as other affected hospital departments and personnel which may include new construction, alterations, additions, special equipment installations or major maintenance of EH owned or leased facilities.
1. Collaborates with Coordinator of Facilities Design with the program development and project needs analysis and budgetary cost estimating (ROM) process.
2. Oversees, in coordination with Coordinator of Facilities Design, the design and construction documents process to ensure each project meets the overall program goals and user expectations.
3. Coordinates design and specialty consultant contract development, fee proposals, negotiations and management.
4. Acts as EH’s project representative on project site, to end users, building inspectors and consultants. Attend project necessary meetings, conferences and inspections and assure pertinent information thereof is appropriately recorded and filed.
5. Ensures that the contractual obligations of all consultants, contractors and vendors are being upheld and that all payments to construction team members are being made in accordance with the contract and EH payment policies.
6. Manages the ICRA and ILSM reviews of projects and documentation thereof and implementation during construction.
7. Coordinates project review by affected EH support departments ; Environmental Services, Plant Operations, Information Technology, Security, Grounds, etc.
8. Assists the Architect, in coordination with CM Admin Coordinator, with standard general conditions and contract language for the advertising (or Request for Proposal) and bidding phases of projects.
9. Able to assemble and manage CM RFP process for small, simple or specialized scopes of work where it is the most effective and efficient manner for project delivery.
10. Act as in-house general contractor on small or specialized projects where coordinating quotes and the work of multiple sub-contractors or vendors is a more efficient method of project delivery.
11. Informs and instructs end users and other affected EH departments or tenants of the plan and impact of work and its schedule. Anticipate and provide effective mitigation when possible of impacts that would affect EH services, the patient/family experience, ICRA or life safety.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• Engineering, Architectural or Construction Management degree or equivalent combination of education and/or construction management experience
• 10 years of work experience in a construction or design profession
• 3 years of construction experience in an acute care hospital setting
• Demonstrates organizational skill and competent management skill to oversee multiple projects simultaneously
• Proven ability to work in active construction environments in any location and any weather
• Willingness to work off hours and weekends where project tasks requires such to lessen impact to EH operations
DESIRED for the position:
• AutoCAD and construction management software knowledge
• Recent involvement in and understanding of GCCM delivery method for construction services
Choices that care for you and your family
At EvergreenHealth, we appreciate our employees’ commitment and contribution to our success. We are proud to offer a suite of quality benefits and resources that are comprehensive, flexible, and competitive to help our staff and their loved ones maintain and improve health and financial well-being.
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- On-demand virtual health care
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plans (457(b) and 401(a) with employer contribution)
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Extended Illness Bank/Sick Leave
- Paid holidays
- Voluntary hospital indemnity insurance
- Voluntary identity theft protection
- Voluntary legal insurance
- Pay in lieu of benefits premium program
- Free parking
- Commuter benefits
View a summary of our total rewards available to you as an EvergreenHealth team member by clicking on the link below.