DI Read Room Support-Per Diem SEIU
Responsible for assisting the radiologist with their workflow as it pertains to PACS/RIS on a daily basis and for maintaining a systematic image library to include active files and long-term storage files for immediate retrieval.
1. Answers all incoming phone calls to radiologists (transferring calls, taking messages, answering general questions, etc).
2. Facilitates phone calls between the radiologists and referring physicians as requested.
3. Reviews RIS work list each day to ensure all paperwork is accurate and available prior to reading. Reviews the exam orders to ensure the history, signs and symptoms are within department defined guidelines, editing the order if not correct. Ensures that the image count or series corresponds with tech paperwork, contacting tech to resolve any discrepancies.
4. Manages the paperwork for exams being read at Teleradi and sends appropriate images via PACS then documents date and time sent.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
* High school graduate or equivalent
* One-year of office work experience in a clinic or hospital, or equivalent education
* Proficient in typing 35 WPM
DESIRED for the position:
* Knowledge of Medical Terminology