RN - Labor & Delivery
***Sign-on bonus up to $20,000.00 for those new to EvergreenHealth with 4+ years of current perinatal nursing experience*** Pro-rated by FTE and perinatal RN experience. Consideration for relocation assistance on an individual basis
Wage Range: $36.37 - $67.08 / hour
Registered Nurses on the Family Maternity Center (FMC) are responsible for care of patients during labor and delivery, recovery, and postpartum. Candidates for this role must have the knowledge and ability to competently assess and care for women in the Postpartum periods, including their educational needs.
- Knowledge and ability to competently assess and care for normal neonates, providing for their needs in a warm, safe environment in the company of the infant's family.
- Communicates appropriately with Special Care Nursery nurses and/or pediatricians when the neonate's status moves beyond normal expectations for well-born infants.
- Ability to provide post-anesthesia care to patients recovering from spinal or epidural anesthesia following a C-section or vaginal delivery.
- Knowledge gained by attendance at a Basic Lactation Course and the ability to provide breastfeeding assistance to our patients consistent with our Family Maternity Center philosophy.
- Advanced fetal monitor strip interpretation.
- Assessment of the laboring patient including identifying alterations in the normal labor process.
- High-risk antepartum care, including knowledge of medications involved in treatment.
- Appropriate phone advice and triage service to pregnant patients.
- Assist in infant stabilization.
- Ability to circulate in the operating room for a C-section, PPTL, or another unexpected outcome or emergency.
- Responsible for the total direct nursing care of all patients within established standards of care, hospital and unit policies, procedures, and guidelines.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN) (or required within five (5) years of employment)
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Washington
- Minimum one (1) year of current labor & delivery RN experience
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- NRP certification within 4-weeks of hire
DESIRED for the position:
- Master's degree in Nursing
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN program within three years and obtain a BSN within five years of employment.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA). Union Membership is optional.
To learn more about our Family Maternity Center (FMC), please click here.
** We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits and relocation assistance**