Call and Referral Data Analyst
$31.48 hr. - $45.66 hr. DOE
Compiles data from a wide range of existing data sources and participates in evaluating and optimizing these solutions. Participates on project teams, designs, and implements analytic solutions including reports and dashboards. Participates in the assurance of data integrity for current and future use in strategic initiatives, continuous quality improvement efforts and hospital goals.
- Responsible for collection, analysis and maintenance of data focused on the department goals. May include creation and administration of databases and/or support of computer programs and applications needed to achieve department goals.
- Designs and evaluates database systems to support department needs.
- Develops and maintains organized documentation for efficient department operations.
- Responsible for analyzing data from multiple data sources, transforming data into narrative metrics and visuals.
- Builds and maintains reports and dashboards that provide insights into achievement of program objectives
- Recommends strategies in relation to report building and data capture for internal customers.
- Reports on process and system adoption, usage, and proficiency
- Aligns focus on extracting numerical details related to business outcomes; translates to financial performance
- Helps create and maintain provider templates to ensure they are current
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Science, Computer Science, Math, Business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience/technical training that demonstrates technical competency.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in progressively more responsible work as a data analyst, developer or equivalent, preferably in a healthcare setting. Experience with Epic is a must.
- Experience and strong knowledge of database tools (SSMS, SSIS, SSRS)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, and Outlook)
- Microsoft SQL - Proficient with SQL query language.
- Experience with Epic design & templates
- Experience working with secure data transfers and automation
- Knowledge of clinical/medical office procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent organization skills
- Customer service oriented. Ability to be flexible and relate well with others in a professional and pleasant manner
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the capacity to communicate with a diverse range of individuals and dispositions. Ability to successfully interact with all levels of organization including management.
- Ability to problem solve, stay calm under pressure, and present oneself in a pleasant and professional manner when responding to inquiries from EH staff and patients (Ex. service recovery)
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work productively within a team environment. Ability to function with minimal supervision
DESIRED for the position:
- Master's degree in related area
- Two years of experience in a hospital, medical office, or healthcare insurance setting performing a similar role
- Experience working with Power BI
- Familiarity with HIPAA and other health industry compliance standards
- Previous use and understanding of the Query Analyzer and Enterprise Manager programs, write SQL statements to extract and integrate data, create stored procedures and ETL processes.
- Tableau- Proficient with data visualization software.
- Working knowledge of DRGs, ICD-10, CPT coding, APR/DRGs.
- Crystal Reports - Connecting to databases, joining tables, filtering the data, formatting, grouping, creating parameters, writing formulas, publishing to Info view and scheduling.
- Excellent presentation skills
EvergreenHealth offers a rich benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Benefits, Employer Match Retirement Plan, Employee Discounts and Commuter Benefits including Transit Pass for Commuters.