Radiology Technologist I - Lakeshore Totem Lake
Applies prescribed ionizing radiation procedures at a technical level for diagnostic purposes under the prescription of a physician, using ALARA (as low as reasonably acceptable) principles
1. Consistently performs complex examinations and procedures, including injecting contrast media under the direct supervision of a Radiologist.
2. Sets, adjusts and controls a variety of electronic equipment to apply ionizing radiation for radiographic examinations, using ALARA principles.
3. Analyzes patient's general body size, physical condition and age in order to accurately apply radiographic procedures, using ALARA principles.
4. Measures and selects proper electronics and technical factors such as kilovolts, milliamperes and exposure time, using ALARA principles.
5. Assists radiologists during fluoroscopy occasionally.
6. Assists with basic surgery cases occasionally.
7. Under direction of a physician, and with appropriate licensure, may inject contrast material and/or medication.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• American Registry of Radiologic Technologists – A.R.R.T. certification or registry eligible, registry must be obtained within 45 days of employment
• Current WA State Radiologic Technologist licensure
• Current BLS Healthcare Provider certification by date of hire
DESIRED for the position:
• 1 year of radiology experience
*This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW), Local 21.