Day Shift Position - no nights and no weekends
Works in partnership with the Oncology program leadership and other health care professionals to ensure continuity and coordination of care for adult patients and families. Services include, but are not limited to, consultation to patients / families regarding social, environmental, psychological, financial and cultural factors related to living with cancer, facilitation of groups, family conferences, one-to-one emotional support, supports continuity with the Care Management program.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• Master’s degree in Social Work
• One of the following credentials is required:
◦ Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
◦ Licensed Advanced Social Worker (LASW)
◦ Social Worker Associate- need to obtain full licensure in one of the above two categories– within 4 years of graduation from MSW program.
• 2 years of Inpatient, Outpatient and/or Mental Health social work experience
• Oncology setting preferred or community setting Age-specific or behavior-specific knowledge and experience in working with specific patient populations (i.e., children, elderly, those with emotional / behavioral dysfunction) relevant to area of assignment.
• Oral and written language skills, visual and aural skills in order to effectively communicate ensure, and provide for patient needs, and to provide a legal record of this care.
• Accountability for professional practice, commitment to patient care, and commitment to uphold the Patient Bill of Rights.
• Current CPR Healthcare Provider certification is required at date of hire
• Excellent organizational skills and be able to work well under stress
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Is self-directed and works well independently and as a team member
DESIRED for the position:
•3 years of experience working in oncology, hospice, or grief services