Cook's Helper (40 hrs/wk)
Wage Range $16.16 - $24.16 per hour
Sign-On Bonus: Up to $2,000.00 for those new to EvergreenHealth (pro-rated by FTE)
Posted wage ranges represent the entire range from minimum to maximum. For jobs with more than one level, the posted range reflects the minimum of the lowest level and the maximum of the highest level. Some positions also offer additional premiums based on shift, certifications or degrees. Job offers are determined based on a candidate's years of relevant experience, level of education and internal equity.
One free meal per shift in our Cafeteria!
On the job training available.
Performs various functions within the food services departments, including but not limited to: cleaning cafeteria tables, making coffee/espresso for cafeteria, catering and deli service, packaging and dishing food items and cashiering.
Prepares and sets up food, supplies and nourishment for patient, catering and retail services in accordance with recognized safety, sanitation and food-handling standards and procedures.
1. Operates point of sale (POS) cash register system to record all transactions in keeping with EvergreenHealth’s cash handling policies and procedures.
2. Maintains all hot and cold foods at proper temperature.
3. Serves food in accordance with recognized safety, sanitation and food-handling standards and procedures.
4. Prepares, portions, and packages food and supplies according to standardized recipes. Prepares quick service items including but not limited to; burgers, fish and chips, pizza and hot/cold items.
5. Maintains clean and organized dining tables and seating area.
6. Maintains a clean, well-stocked retail sales area.
7. Adheres to organizational patient safety standards relevant to the department or assigned nursing unit.
8. Operates, safely and accurately, a variety of commercial food service equipment, including knives, slicer, thermometers, measuring utensils, scales, toaster, food warmer, mixer, blender, grill, fryer, broiler, and microwave oven.
9. Set up caterings as needed according to Catering standards.
10. Timely delivery/pick-up of all caterings.
11. Must be able to correctly understand event contracts from the Cater Tax system.
12. Operates POS cash register system to record all transactions in keeping with EHMC cash handling policies and procedures.
13. Follows department and government safety and sanitation standards.
14. Follows procedures for procuring food items from refrigerators, freezers, and storage areas.
15. Labels, dates and stores all foods in keeping with department standards.
16. Pre-dishes and packages food items in appropriate amounts.
17. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
18. Responsible for the “Accountabilities” associated with this position in support of the organization.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- High School graduate or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A valid Washington State “Food and Beverage Workers” Permit
- Knowledge of safety, sanitation and food-handling standards and practices.
- Recent food service, cashiering or customer service work experience OR any combination of experience and education that would demonstrate the capability to perform the duties
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers, fellow employees and other departments.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Capable of efficient time management.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) for cash handling purposes.
- Basic understanding of POS functionality.
Choices that care for you and your family
At EvergreenHealth, we appreciate our employees’ commitment and contribution to our success. We are proud to offer a suite of quality benefits and resources that are comprehensive, flexible, and competitive to help our staff and their loved ones maintain and improve health and financial well-being.
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- On-demand virtual health care
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plans (457(b) and 401(a) with employer contribution)
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Extended Illness Bank/Sick Leave
- Paid holidays
- Voluntary hospital indemnity insurance
- Voluntary identity theft protection
- Voluntary legal insurance
- Pay in lieu of benefits premium program
- Free parking
- Commuter benefits
View a summary of our total rewards available to you as an EvergreenHealth team member by clicking on the link below.
2023 Benefits Guide
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW. Union membership is optional.