Job Title: Media Executive
EssenceMediacom is a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 communications experts help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
The Media Executive provides support to the managers in the senior team, contributes to overall client service requirements and assists in the management of media plan executions.
- Day to day for some client contacts
- Nurture relationships with and work directly with client partner agencies
- Build positive relationships with client contacts
- Assist in the development of media plans and presentations in conjunction with senior planners
- Be able to put smaller plans together and execute with minimal management direction
- Ensure team deadlines are met
- Oversee all media accounting, and administrative duties required on assigned accounts including
- monthly media expenditure reports (BCRs)
- May carry out buy brief meetings with Investment Team
- Access appropriate research as it applies to clients’ needs, using Integrated Media Systems, InfoSys,
- COMNavigator, comScore, and other proprietary tools
- Effectively work with Finance, Investment Team, Traffic and other internal groups in order to ensure that client activity is in good order.
YOUR SKILLS & BEHAVIOUR:
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated time management and multitasking skills
- Solid collaborative and team work oriented skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Begin to develop presentation skills
- Detail oriented and able to meet tight deadlines
- Begins to understand the client’s business
- Detail, accuracy and mathematical competency a must
- Strong computer skills with a particular emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage and meet multiple demands within timelines
- Desire to develop and excel in their media career and a passion for all things media
- Develop understanding of Systems Thinking
- Develop presentation skills
- Develop audience planning skills
- Competency in multi-channel media planning and reporting (experience digital, social, search and eComm planning an asset)
Education and Experience:
- 1-2 years media planning/buying experience will be an asset
- Post-secondary degree, specialization in Advertising and/or Marketing an asset.
EssenceMediacom people, have big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. We call them “Essentials” because they are at the heart of our work and their ideas will enable us to tap into that critical intersection of people, content, and technology to bring brand aspirations to life. EssenceMediacom is a place for you to grow your career and expand your horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture is our power, where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.