Performance ManagerApply Now
Are you the type of person that wants to figure out what works and what doesn’t, at all times? Do you like to look like a superstar infront of your clients daily? Do you want to work in an environment that wants you to push the envelope everyday – creating meaningful innovation that moves the needle on delivering business outcomes?
Then the Performance Team at essencemediacom is for you.
EssenceMediacom is a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 communications experts help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
As a Performance Manager you will be responsible for the holistic performance of a client’s budget and be the main day-to-day client contact for all performance and biddable media. You will be working with various activation teams (programmatic, social and search) to ensure the strategic delivery of client goals and business objectives are met across all campaigns.
A performance manager will provide leadership and maintain a broad level of involvement in all assigned clients and campaigns, encouraging the highest quality media product and client satisfaction. They also play an active role coaching, training, and mentoring others on their team.
As a performance manager, you will have a curiosity and interest in navigating the adtech/martech space with the objective of value creation for your clients.
- Responsible for day-to-day campaign management to optimize all performance investment across channels.
- Work with client leadership team to align on KPIs (key performance indicators), testing, channel allocation, ongoing performance, optimizations and developing/deploying a learning agenda.
- Ability to develop audience strategies, conduct marketplace analysis, channel role, and ongoing channel/tactic optimizations.
- Support client plan presentations – accountable to ensure the plan answers the briefing in a client appropriate manner that will deliver the ingoing goals.
- Support the director in day-to-day management of accounts between client, strategy, activation and analytic teams.
- Work with media investment teams and other partners to ensure that any ideas and solutions developed are strategically relevant and viable.
- Work with the director to develop and steward client measurement plans and collaborate across disciplines to ensure KPIs are delivered, and report on the appropriate variables.
- Identify, develop, and manage Omnichannel performance solutions.
- Understand consumer insights and apply results to the planning process.
- Participate and help develop educational material for internal essencemediacom staff as well as client consumption.
- Development of industry and category POVs on respective client business
- Establish strong industry profile and relationships with crucial marketplace partners.
Skills and Behaviours:
- 6 years’ experience with biddable media – ideally at least two of programmatic, search and social
- Experience with data audience planning and creative optimization messaging.
- Display a natural gift for grasping concepts quickly and making sound judgments.
- Ability to work on own initiative; pre-emptive and proactive; constantly thinking ahead; demonstrating a hands-on and highly organized approach to all tasks.
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships with other cross-functional teams.
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced work environment effectively.
- Strong capability in customer service skills and communications
- Able to work with a wide range of client and agency personalities.
- Positive attitude and innate curiosity of the world of media
- Comfortable working with budgets/numbers and a strong understanding of mathematical concepts
- Solid understanding of digital media, but also how it works in conjunction with offline media channels.
- Strong presentation skills to story tell with a simplified narrative
- Strong analytical skills
Education and Experience:
- At least 6 years related work experience in the Media industry (at least two of programmatic, search or social), ideally within an agency environment.
- Post-secondary degree, specialization in Marketing/Advertising an asset.
- Possess an understanding of business marketing, communication planning, and the media marketplace.
- Understanding of digital platforms for planning & insights such as DV 360, Google Ads, Meta, Snap, Pinterest, Twitter, TikTok, GA 360, etc.
- Proficiency with industry planning tools (ComScore/Metrica (Telmar), Pathmatics, Platform Insight Tools – Google, Meta).
- Up to date knowledge of media/content owners, production agencies, research companies, and other suppliers which we could partner with
- Current Canadian market planning experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage concurrent projects.
- Awareness of client business issues, industry/consumer trends, promotional resources, market status, and competition.
- Good understanding of tracking and tagging, behavioral marketing, database modeling, retargeting, and addressability.
EssenceMediacom people, have big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. We call them “Essentials” because they are at the heart of our work and their ideas will enable us to tap into that critical intersection of people, content, and technology to bring brand aspirations to life. EssenceMediacom is a place for you to grow your career and expand your horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture is our power, where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.