Associate Director, Media PlanningApply Now
Role Summary & Impact
As an Associate Director of Media Planning on the Universal Pictures International Theatrical account, your primary objective is to supervise all implementation needs and communication with the client(s) and agency client/planning/other teams. You will liaise and coordinate with global marketing teams as understanding international marketing will be essential to your duties. In addition, you will oversee the client implementation team to ensure productivity, including managing staffing and workload issues at the client team level. You will provide strategic rigor to implement ideas and ensure integration of the work between creative and media. You will also be well versed in 360 media planning to effectively convey and manage the media deliverable within the agencies.
- Help create and deliver strong briefs.
- Develop strategic media plans across several portfolios.
- Effectively works across all areas of the media process and closely with brand managers and creative agencies.
- Help drive the overall media process and manage go-to-market strategies.
- Manage client and planning teams regarding marketplace conditions, industry intelligence and buying recommendations.
- Present insights, QBR’s and post-reporting to clients.
- Gain client approval on optimizations and budget shifts.
- Responsible for fiscal management of brands within their portfolio.
- Ensure that recommendations and decisions are consistent with the client’s marketing/advertising objectives and strategies.
- Provide strategic guidance and thought leadership within the media group.
- Oversee and approve Communications strategy for client businesses.
- Advise and direct planning staff regarding insightful and strategic points of view.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, business administration, and communications; OR equivalent professional work experience .
- Entertainment and international experience highly preferred
- Minimum 7+ years of implementation experience or related.
- International Marketing experience is a must.
- Agency or vendor experience preferred.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and understanding of media fundamentals and current trends.
- Proficient with MediaOcean, Infosys, and Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
Life at GroupM
Our passion for shaping the next era of media includes investing in our employees to help them do their best work, and we’re just as committed to employee growth as we are to responsible media investment. GroupM employees can tap into the global GroupM & WPP networks to pursue their passions, grow their networks, and learn at the cutting edge of marketing and advertising. We have a variety of employee resource groups and host frequent in-office events showcasing team wins, sharing thought leadership, and celebrating holidays and milestone events. Our benefits include competitive medical, vision, and dental insurance, significant paid time off, preferential partner discounts, and employee mental health awareness days.
GroupM is WPP’s media investment group and the world’s leading media investment company with a mission to shape the next era of media where advertising works better for people. The company is responsible for more than $60 billion in annual media investment, as measured by the independent research bureau COMvergence. Through its global agencies Mindshare, Wavemaker, EssenceMediacom, and mSix&Partners, and cross-channel performance (GroupM Nexus), data (Choreograph), entertainment (GroupM Motion Entertainment) and investment solutions, GroupM leverages a unique combination of global scale, expertise, and innovation to generate sustained value for clients wherever they do business. Discover more at www.groupm.com.
GroupM provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard for factors such as race, religion, national origin, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected status.
GroupM is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to, among others, individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need an accommodation because of a disability to search and apply for a career opportunity with GroupM, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call (212) 297-8507 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
The base salary for this position at the time of this posting may range from $75,000 to $180,000. Individual compensation varies based on job-related factors, including business needs, experience, level of responsibility and qualifications. We offer a competitive benefits package, please visit https://www.wpp.com/people/wellbeing/benefits-at-wpp-in-the-us for more details.