Associate Director, Research & InsightsApply Now
Associate Director, Research & Insights, Analytics & Insights – London, Worldwide
EssenceMediacom is GroupM’s newest and largest agency, committed to delivering marketing breakthroughs for brands. It has disrupted the old models across media, creative, innovation and analytics to find new opportunities for advertisers and deliver truly integrated media solutions.
Born out of two pioneering agencies, EssenceMediacom fuses Essence’s performance, data, analytics, and creative technology DNA with MediaCom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks, and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our ‘breakthrough’ ambition is underpinned by our commitment to ‘continuous learning.’ We aim to ensure our people fulfil their potential by investing in their whole-person wellbeing, careers, and capabilities, which in turn helps grow our clients’ businesses.
EssenceMediacom, with 10,000 people across 120 offices in 96 markets, is one of the world’s leading communications specialists, with billings of more than US$21 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2021). Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Google, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, and Uber.
Reports to: Catherine Day, Head of Global Research & Insights; Analytics & Insights Division, Worldwide.
We are part of Essencemediacom’s Analytics & Insight division; a specialist team of media and data analysts whose goal it is to deliver brilliant, actionable insights and planning outputs for our global clients.
The goal of the Research & Insights team is to tell impactful stories about how real people behave – delivering ‘Breakthrough’ thinking and granular applied audience-focused insights through brilliant custom projects and new product development for our global clients.
We help our clients understand who their audiences are, how or where they can reach their audiences, and what to communicate to them.
We invest in best-in-class insight resources and build industry-leading audience insight tools, working in close collaboration with experts within Essencemediacom globally, GroupM and WPP.
The role: Associate Director, Global Research & Insights – Product
This role will focus on managing and evolving the use of our proprietary global audience media survey (Audience Origin) within Essencemediacom.
This study is run in over 70 countries and is used on bespoke client projects, to fuel our planning tools, to support new business and for day-to-day planning needs within the agency.
This role will include contributing to product development through application of advanced analysis on the data, identification of brilliant insights which can be shared with our client and planning community, and collaboration with the wider GroupM and Choreograph community in the evolution of the product and its application in our tools.
You will be expected to understand how this product can be used alongside our full range of research and insight sources, working collaboratively with the wider A&I team in its application on our clients’ business.
- Contribution to further product development of the core product within Essencemediacom; focusing on advanced analysis and visualization/interrogation techniques
- Updating project processes and workbooks on how to customize the product for our clients
- Design and delivery of a training programme for our local markets and account teams
- Management of communication programme for the product to market outputs as well as sharing insights
A bit about your skills and experience:
- Demonstrable strong quantitative and qualitative research skills and experience within a media and communications environment. Ideally with an international focus.
- Hands-on experience in research design, survey writing, fieldwork management and analysis
- Significant and relevant research/insight experience (obtained in a research/insight, media agency, social, or digital insights community).
- Evidence of being able to work with senior stakeholders (media owners, client leads)
- Strong analytical, research and numerical skills
- SPSS and R analysis skills are key
- Deep curiosity about consumer behaviour and a drive to bring consumer behaviour stories to life through your work
- Knowledge of, and experience using syndicated survey tools such as TGI, GWI etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven track record and desire to work in a team-oriented, fully collaborative environment