EMX | Creative Strategy DirectorApply Now
EMX | Creative Strategy Director
EssenceMediacomX, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Our office sits within the legacy Essence building on Oxford Street. We still have all our wonderful essentials looking after our amazing clients! Our clients include many exciting brands such as Google, ITV, Airbnb, BT/EE, NBCUniversal and L’Oréal to name a few.
Visit www.essencemediacom.com for more information!
We’re looking for a Director level Creative Strategist to work full-time on Google.
The role sits within ‘Media Futures Group’; a collaboration between Mediacom and Essence, developed to service the Communication needs of Google across both on and offline media. Within MFG, you will sit in the ‘Creative Futures’ team; focused primarily on developing solutions grounded in non-traditional media, or what some call ‘content’, as well as more traditional digital/social activations.
This is an exciting new role as it will have a sole focus on the transforming how one of the most well-known brands in the World looks at and plans ‘media’ and communications. The role offers a unique opportunity to prove the strategic story for growing new parts of the marketing ecosystem e.g., addressable creative, influencer marketing, brand, and cultural partnerships etc.
We are looking for a candidate with a track record of creating, articulating, and delivering best in class strategies, that create the conditions for world-class ideas and activations. As a Strategic Lead you will be expected to build relationships with key Google PMMs (Product Marketing Managers) across product areas. And ‘Media Labbers’ (media managers).
Responsibilities will include
- As Creative Strategy Director, you will be primarily responsible for answering two types of Google briefs: Traditional digital advertising (‘Stream 1’) and non-traditional partnerships/sponsorships (‘Stream 2’)
- You will be accountable for the development of strategies that answer both brand and product briefs – For Google brand and products such as Pixel, Chrome, and Fitbit
- Part of your role will be to drive a strategic integration agenda, with the objective of breaking down the barriers of ‘stream’ / siloed thinking, which often appear in the marketing operations of such large organisations.
- Drive big coms ideas that excite and surprise clients and are rooted in insights and data.
Who does the role report into?
Focusing on activities in the UK, you will directly report into Rob Meldrum (Head of Creative Futures) with dotted lines into Jo Pereira (VP Strategy for MFG) and Michael Consagra (Global head of creative strategy for Creative Futures)
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- You will be working on one of the biggest, most innovative brands in the World.
- You will be a senior leader on one of the most exciting accounts in our business.
- You will be part of a collaborative inter-agency team, working closely with Essence.
What will you need?
- 10+ years of professional experience
- Experience of leading and shaping strategy offerings/teams
- The ability to build strong and collaborative working relationships with senior clients and stakeholders across the business.
- Holistic thinking - Someone who understands brands, creative and media, but more than that someone who understands the heartbeat of culture and can connect everything to develop platforms and ideas befitting of a next generation of creative capability.
- You are skilled in the interrogation and digestible presentation of complex data, a storyteller and persuasive communicator.
- You are adept in the utilisation of insight and intelligence tools and resources. As such, you will be able apply the use of these tools to the development of client work.
- Outstanding and proven problem-solving capabilities.
- First class communication and presentation skills.
- Expert knowledge of how the media, creative and content landscape is evolving.
- A point of view and stay connected to relevant marketplace trends, authoring client requested and proactive points-of-views.
What are the measures of success?
- Strategic output – the quality of the work produced.
- Strategic transformation – the level of innovation and forward-thinking demonstrated.
- A trusted consultant - gain the full confidence and trust of stakeholders’ client side
- A positive, helpful, passionate attitude - people seek out and want to work with you.
What you can expect from EssenceMediacomX
EssenceMediacomX’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an EssenceMediacomX employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.