Digital Planner, Global – EMEA
EssenceMediacom is GroupM’s newest and largest agency, committed to delivering marketing breakthroughs for brands. It has disrupted the old models across media, creative, innovation and analytics to find new opportunities for advertisers and deliver truly integrated media solutions.
Born out of two pioneering agencies, EssenceMediacom fuses Essence’s performance, data, analytics, and creative technology DNA with MediaCom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks, and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our ‘breakthrough’ ambition is underpinned by our commitment to ‘continuous learning.’ We aim to ensure our people fulfil their potential by investing in their whole-person wellbeing, careers, and capabilities, which in turn helps grow our clients’ businesses.
EssenceMediacom, with 10,000 people across 120 offices in 96 markets, is one of the world’s leading communications specialists, with billings of more than US$21 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2021). Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Google, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, and Uber.
Reports to: Global Digital Manager
Working within the EMEA hub team for Duracell, you will be in charge of producing effective biddable media plans spanning from the development of inspiring briefs for the specialist execution teams to respond to, supporting the presentation of plans and recommendations to clients and all the way to post campaign analysis.
Mentored by a Digital Manager, you will also play a pivotal role in helping to manage and optimise digital ways of working and smooth delivery of outputs across the end-to-end digital planning process for the EMEA hub team and, where relevant, local market teams. You will also get involved in the development of strategic responses and RTBs to further grow your planning skills and knowledge.
You will be part of a friendly team with diverse skillsets from planning, through to strategy and digital, with collective responsibility for developing the media strategy and planning 360 media campaigns for all media channels for markets within EMEA.
Duracell is one of the most iconic brands in the world with the Duracell Bunny who has been around since 1973. Duracell is one of those rare brands that you could strip of its logo and yet people would recognise it as it enjoys extremely high levels of awareness across the world. Since its foundation in the early 1940s, the company has become an iconic personal power brand, trusted for compact and longer-lasting batteries. In 2016, Duracell moved hands from Procter & Gamble to Berkshire Hathaway Company which will keep supporting Duracell to focus on sustainable growth, industry-leading innovation and creating long term value for its customers and consumers.
- Briefing of the specialist biddable execution team and working closely to develop media planning solutions according to the overall client brief and strategy and global governance requirements
- Collaborating closely with the market planning leads to deliver on the digital planning components of market RTBs that work holistically with other channels
- Manage day-to-day changes and optimization of plans between teams
- Assist on the tracking of digital plans and actualization of data in Media Tools
- Supporting the Digital Manager and market planning leads on ad hoc digital specialist requirements relating to campaign planning and execution
- Work with all functions of the planning process – market leads, specialists, finance – to ensure smooth running across the planning and media management process
- Be client facing, helping the client understand the rationale behind our decision-making
- Develop a strong understanding of the client’s overall business and communications planning across Biddable media channels
- Work with relevant local markets to ensure they understand the role of Biddable channels and our strategy for those channels in delivering on overall campaign objectives
- Keep abreast of industry developments, whether in the communications industry or the client business, and to play an active role in sharing and forming opinion pieces within the team and among the clients
A bit about your skills and experience:
- Demonstration of a solid foundational understanding of biddable media planning and technology developments, whether from within a similar team role or from a dedicated biddable execution role
- Client facing experience, ideally from past media agency experience be that in a local market or global position
- Highly organized with the ability to effectively project manage and prioritise deliverables to meet deadlines
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Very good communication skills; comfortable working with both clients and various teams to get the job done
- Very strong attention to detail
- Ability to respond to tasks and requests in a timely and professional manner
- Good competence with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- A passion for media planning and desire to learn and grow