Digital Manager, Global – EMEA
EssenceMediacom is GroupM’s newest and largest agency, committed to delivering marketing breakthroughs for brands. It has disrupted the old models across media, creative, innovation and analytics to find new opportunities for advertisers and deliver truly integrated media solutions.
Born out of two pioneering agencies, EssenceMediacom fuses Essence’s performance, data, analytics, and creative technology DNA with MediaCom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks, and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our ‘breakthrough’ ambition is underpinned by our commitment to ‘continuous learning.’ We aim to ensure our people fulfil their potential by investing in their whole-person wellbeing, careers, and capabilities, which in turn helps grow our clients’ businesses.
EssenceMediacom, with 10,000 people across 120 offices in 96 markets, is one of the world’s leading communications specialists, with billings of more than US$21 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2021). Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Google, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, and Uber.
Reports to: Global Associate Director / Global Business Director
A core role within the EMEA hub team for Duracell, you ensure clients have access to cutting edge capabilities across biddable channels and that these are managed in a holistic and agile way to capture benefits of real time communication.
Working in close partnership with the specialist buying roles to hunt down outcomes for the client, you are at the centre of redesigning our tactical planning working with clients, client team, craft specialists and partners that are data driven, integrated and more always on.
Focused on continually optimizing media and creative performance, with a core focus on Paid Social and Programmatic, you identify commercial opportunities and drive collaboration across client teams, product teams and craft specialists. You will help prepare clients for future evolutions of biddable media and ensure they have a good level of understanding of these channels.
You will be part of a friendly team with diverse skillsets from planning, through to strategy and digital, with collective responsibility for developing the media strategy and planning 360 media campaigns for all channels for markets within EMEA. Duracell is one of the most iconic brands in the world with the Duracell Bunny who has been around since 1973. Duracell is one of those rare brands that you could strip of its logo and yet people would recognise it as it enjoys extremely high levels of awareness across the world. Since its foundation in the early 1940s, the company has become an iconic personal power brand, trusted for compact and longer-lasting batteries. In 2016, Duracell moved hands from Procter & Gamble to Berkshire Hathaway Company which will keep supporting Duracell to focus on sustainable growth, industry-leading innovation and creating long term value for its customers and consumers.
- Responsible for leading planning output across Programmatic and Social, and having an informed opinion of the wider digital landscape to connect planning across all digital channels
- Working closely with clients, market planning leads, specialist execution team, media owners and third party platforms to develop campaigns as well as looking for proactive opportunities based on an in depth knowledge and understanding of the client’s business
- Strategically you will be responsible for responding to client briefs, making budget recommendations, producing testing frameworks, analysing performance
- Continuously developing and overseeing seamless delivery and best practices within the end to end delivery of campaigns
- Driving innovation in planning, whether through smart tech, data, audience insight
- Producing regular digital thought leadership
- Actively leading client calls, including a dedicated bi-weekly digital call providing insights and making recommendations to drive effectiveness and efficiencies
- Lead the team in pulling together inputs into strategic work, planning responses, digital data and campaign analysis
- Responsible for development of more junior members of the team
A bit about your skills and experience:
- Depth of platform knowledge in at least one craft and a working knowledge of others.
- A broad knowledge of digital implementational planning enabling you to connect decisions made at each stage of the planning process to inform activation and optimization choices.
- Interrogative, critical and creative in understanding available data to find the cause and effect of activations decisions within and across channels levers to pull to deliver outcomes for our clients and ultimately help them beat the market
- Highly confident and skilled at using and applying relevant planning tools and resources.
- Ability to make the complex simple and can translate deep specialism into common marketing language making the complex accessible to all.
- A growth mindset with the ability to seek to grow the client’s business, our business, the client’s knowledge base and our knowledge base
- Outcome Obsessed through interrogating data to inform decisions with proven competency in data analysis
- Exceptionally high attention to detail and quality control of all deliverables
- Independent worker who can manage relationships confidently with multiple colleagues and stakeholders including the client, account team and channel execution specialists
- Strong knowledge of and experience in multiple technology platforms: DSPs, verification tools, viewability, analytics, attribution modeling, ad serving
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to train others and encourage knowledge sharing
- Have previous experience working on a global/multi-market account