Audience Strategy DirectorApply Now
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers helps our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at EssenceMediacom London
About the Client
We are proud to be the global partner for Coca-Cola. A client with whom we share both values and ambition.
In what has been called “the biggest advertising pitch in history”, WPP was chosen to connect our talent and skills in a truly borderless way to create an open platform that will multiply the power of creativity for one of the world’s largest and most beloved brands.
Welcome to OpenX, our transformational approach that marries WPP the #1 global network and largest communications holding company in the world with iconic Coca-Cola valued at 71 billion dollars and with a portfolio of brands that includes Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite, Fanta, Dasani, Smartwater, Minute Maid and Powerade amongst others.
Audience Strategy Director
About the Role:
We are looking for an individual who will be creating and implementing Audience Strategy for Global The Coca-Cola Company (TCCC), Audience Planning. The responsibilities include:
- Developing global audience strategies working closely with the global communications team and translating business and media briefs into executable audience strategies for regional and local operational units to adapt and implement. One of the key elements of the audience strategy is the audience definition design.
- Working closely with global data and tech strategy leads to ensure the developed audience strategies are embedded into the data and technology frameworks, to output the optimal and prioritised data and tech vendors and resources at both global and local levels.
- Devising Audience Effectiveness Framework (as opposed to media KPIs), aligning with the global experimental principles and facilitating the implementation of the measurement and tracking.
In this role, you will:
- Agency working experience 5+ (for recruiters: what we are looking for here is a good understanding of how agency disciplines work together and the influential skills that this individual has to be able to effectively communicate with different stakeholders to arrive at their own POV)
- Good understanding of how the audience planning process can support the media planning and buying cycle, from comms planning to audience creation, through to creative and activation, and ad operations and measurement.
- Experience in working on both online and offline datasets. This could include but is not limited to panel-based surveys, transactional, geo, retail, mobile, TV, social, cleaning room, DSP, SSP, CDP, and brand-owned data sets. Hands-on experience in using data aggregators such as Telmar
- Experience in or good understanding of Ma Tech especially how different data sets can collaborate using cleanrooms is desired.
- Analytical-minded and have experience in developing audiences or another type of effective reporting.
Key Measures of Success:
- Achieve consistently high client evaluation scores.
- Positive improvements in campaign outcomes
- Receive positive feedback from your internal stakeholders.
- Increased connectivity across Global Infrastructure
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong team player
- Excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload and delegate to junior team members.
- Excellent understanding of media to deliver strong guidance to local MediaCom and adidas and Reebok teams.
- A can-do attitude and taking ownership of responsibilities.
- Ability to present confidently and energetically to clients and colleagues.
- A proven track record of account or project management, preferably within an agency and across multiple markets
- An analytical mind, always questioning the data and outcomes.
- A drive to learn, improve, and build knowledge across all areas of the business.
- Be determined and proactive.
- The ability to help develop junior team members.
What we can offer you.
Company pension scheme
Private medical insurance
25 days holiday (increases with length of service)
Permanent health insurance
WPP share options scheme.
Discretionary bonus scheme
Free eyecare vouchers and money off glasses
Extensive training and development
Corporate gym memberships
Cycle to work scheme.
Interest-free travel loan
Free breakfast (cereal and fruit)
Smart shopper (online discount on a variety of products)
Sounds good? We’d love to hear from you!