Account Planner, Flutter
At EssenceMediacom we want to eradicate inequity. We don't tolerate it and when we see it, we act. We attract, support and develop our talent without bias and strive to foster the empathy, creativity and diversity of thought needed to drive meaningful change for our people, our clients, our industry and our society. WPP and GroupM have already made strong commitments to combat racial injustice. While we are part of this group, we know we have an individual responsibility as an employer and an industry leader to fight against racism. That’s why we have pledged the following seven commitments.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, that’s okay, and we encourage you to apply anyway to find out more about whether this is the right match for you.
Did you know that marginalised groups including women, people of colour and people with a disability are more likely to discount themself for a role if they don't feel they meet every requirement or understand the reasonable adjustment that can be made? This is why we encourage connection and conversation to ensure that everyone has the opportunity and information needed to find the right role, for them. If this role isn’t quite right, you may be the perfect fit for another – so go ahead, apply and find out!
Overview of role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the team as an Account Planner. This is an extremely autonomous role giving you the chance to enhance your expertise as a media planner, working across a range of award-winning brands. You'll have the chance to input heavily into the strategic planning and delivery of multiple multichannel campaigns and will be given a range of planning responsibilities that will help you grow into an excellent, well-rounded planner. Aside from this, you'll be part of an extremely strong team who always strive to deliver best-in-class planning work, pushing industry boundaries whilst maximising returns for our clients’ businesses so this is an excellent team to learn and develop in if you are looking to take the next step in your career.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Account Director / Senior Associate Director
3 best things about the job
- You will gain experience on one of EssenceMediacom’s marketing-leading clients, and be an intricate part of its success.
- An opportunity to step up into a more senior role and influence media strategy for your client.
- You’ll work with a friendly and ambitious team that prides itself on an inclusive culture.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Become an expert in the basics of your client account and sector.
- Integrated yourself into the Planning team, as well as the Implementation team.
- Joined regular status meetings with the clients and ensuring accuracy of the status sheet for the team.
- Be the lead day to day contact for key clients and Implementation team members.
- Gained understanding of the EssenceMediacom department structure and key figures on the team.
- The ability to effectively contribute to the workload of the team.
In six months, you would have:
- Built strong, trustworthy client relationships and established yourself as a key day-to-day lead on the account.
- Established yourself as key figure of the team, acting as an invaluable support to your AD/SAD & wider team.
- Built trust within the wider departments i.e., implementational and specialist teams.
- Understood the intricacies of your client’s framework and how we are renumerated across the account.
- Good understanding of the client markets and evolving media landscape - and how to approach briefs and deliver ideal plans to deliver effective results ensuring a balance of brand and performance.
- Identified and implemented improved ways of working.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Regularly contributing to wider account and department projects, outside of the day-to-day.
- An expert in the way your clients plan media to best support their business.
- Shown that you understand the competitor landscape and have become a category expert, but can also bring insight from other categories.
- Built a strong relationship with clients and other agencies to become a trusted partner.
- Helped deliver excellent client SLA scores.
- Worked with Clients, other agencies, and marketing Team to deliver award entries.
Responsibilities of the role
1. Growing Our Clients’ Businesses
- Build a strong relationship with your clients and become a trusted partner.
- Develop a solid understanding of your client’s business, marketing, and the role media plays.
- Work with your SAD and AD to create a ‘Great Work Manifesto’ for your clients.
- Be a confident communications planner who demonstrates a clear understanding of our Systems Planning approach and The System (our proprietary Planning tool).
- Develop an understanding of digital, data, and marketing technology, and how we use them to drive growth for our clients.
- Be the go-to expert in your team for audience and category insight, ensuring all work we develop is evidence based.
- Actively participate in ‘Acceleration’ and ‘Stretch’ sessions on your clients, and those within your business group.
- Ensure we have a seamless working process between the Comms & Implementation Planning.
2. Growing Our Business
- Build a clear understanding of EssenceMediacom’s functions and how each specialist area can drive growth for your clients.
- Support your BD, SAD, and AD in identifying and pursuing additional services opportunities on your clients.
- Ensure your accounts are in perfect financial health.
- Play an active role in new business pitches (behind the scenes).
3. Growing Our People
- Oversee the development of the Execs and Planners within your team, supporting your AD in the creation and implementation of Growth Plans and personal training programmes.
- Promote your team’s brilliant work, both within EssenceMediacom and beyond.
- Actively participate in and contribute to agency wide planning initiatives (e.g. Huddles).
4. Growing Yourself
- Learn one new skill each year that is actively applied to your client’s business.
What you will need
- Excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
- Interest in developing media strategy skills as well as experience implementational media delivery
- Problem solving skills and a desire to find a “better way”
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage expectations
- Honesty and integrity
- Calm under pressure and able to juggle multiple projects
- You will be enthusiastic, helpful and collaborative, and be seeking an environment where you can learn, develop, and actively contribute to the evolution of a key agency account
- Ideally you would have been working for at least two years a similar role at another agency
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.