Global Category Media LeadApply Now
Global Category Media Lead
Global Category Media Leader
Overview of the role
The Coca-Cola Company business is divided into five main categories: Coca-Cola, Sparkling, Nutrition, Hydration, and Emerging.
As a Category Media Leader, you will be responsible for leading the thinking on media for the category and acting as the connective tissue between the global category and the in-market execution teams.
You will be involved in global category charters from briefing and will bring strong platform-back thinking into the entire brief deployment and charter design process. You will also bring value by building strong client relationships with all the Coca-Cola brand leaders within your portfolio. You will lead the market teams to assimilate briefs in their entirety and analyze, solve, and present viable integrated solutions that move the Coca-Cola business into the next realm of marketing excellence and consumer experience. You will work closely with senior Clients and OpenX Leaders to maintain and enhance the WPP/TCCC relationship, identify consumer-centric experience solutions that drive revenue growth, and troubleshoot at the highest levels
As a Category Media Leader, you will bring to this role your passion to elevate media beyond operations into influencing design and experiences, while delivering best practices and guidelines for markets to deliver uniformly excellent media planning solutions.
Reporting of the role
This role typically reports to the Global Connected Transformation Leader for TCCC.
Specifically, you will:
- Own your category/brand’s media agenda
- Provide the most current and consumer-centric media insights to influence Long Range Business Planning and Annual Business Planning
- Establish a uniform approach to media planning for your category, which can be adopted across markets
- Develop a category-centric audience approach
- Develop a uniform measurement framework for all charters
- Contribute to driving overall media strategy projects like media investment sufficiency, portfolio management, fit-for-use principles
- Closely work with market and OU media leaders to push strategic thinking on media
- Partner with the broader Connected Transformation team to explore and influence partnerships, experiments, and insight development through the lens of your category
- Lead and develop senior client relationships across all the brands within your category portfolio
- Guide global teams with platform-back and consumer-centric inputs for the development of consumer experience journeys
- Work with key Global Client Leaders, OU leaders, Capability leads, and other Category leaders to ensure the development of global charters delivered against the integrated vision
The Global Category Media Leader will work closely with the Global Category team, Category Integration Lead, and the Category Insights Leader. In addition, you will partner directly with Global Client Leaders, Operating Unit Leaders, and Global Capability Leaders to deliver brilliant ideas and inspired thinking to help solve the client’s business challenges.
Senior agency contacts across the WPP Open X business, with a particular focus on:
- Global Client Leaders
- Global Category Insights Lead
- Global Category Integrated Leaders
- Operating Unit Leads
Responsibilities of the role
The ideal candidate will have strong media, digital and data knowledge, and a proven track record in building lasting regional and global client relationships, either within a media agency (or potentially a client organization, technology, data, or content agency). Candidates will be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the assigned clients’ industry sectors and business challenges, with experience in CPG, and (ideally) in performance-media-focused client verticals.
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Experience working in a core media function within a media agency.
- A working knowledge of integrated marketing including strategy, connection insights, media, data analytics, social, and creative activations.
- Experience in fast-paced, multi-layered agency environments
- An outstanding track record of driving strategic insights.
- Proven successful collaboration with complex, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proven thought-leadership
- Willingness to learn, explore, and reinvent.
- Ability to navigate a complex matrixed organization internally and externally.
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers helps our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at EssenceMediacom London*
What we can offer you.
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days holiday (increases with length of service)
- Life assurance
- Permanent health insurance
- WPP share options scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Free eyecare vouchers and money off glasses
- Extensive training and development
- Corporate gym memberships
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest free travel loan
- Free breakfast (cereal and fruit)
- Smart shopper (online discount on a variety of products)
Sounds good? We’d love to hear from you!