Executive, Data EngineeringApply Now
Executive Consultant, Data Engineering
At EssenceMediacom we want to eradicate inequity. We don't tolerate it and when we see it, we act. We attract, support and develop our talent without bias and strive to foster the empathy, creativity and diversity of thought needed to drive meaningful change for our people, our clients, our industry and our society. WPP and GroupM have already made strong commitments to combat racial injustice. While we are part of this group, we know we have an individual responsibility as an employer and an industry leader to fight against racism. That’s why we have pledged the following seven commitments.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, that’s okay, and we encourage you to apply anyway to find out more about whether this is the right match for you.
Did you know that marginalised groups including women, people of colour and people with a disability are more likely to discount themself for a role if they don't feel they meet every requirement or understand the reasonable adjustment that can be made? This is why we encourage connection and conversation to ensure that everyone has the opportunity and information needed to find the right role, for them. If this role isn’t quite right, you may be the perfect fit for another – so go ahead, apply and find out!
Overview of role
As an Executive Consultant in our Data & Technology team, your role will involve utilising key platforms such as Google Cloud and Snowflake, along with industry-leading dashboarding tools. You will be instrumental in providing support to our planning and investment teams and offering valuable assistance to our clients. Your work will drive effective decision-making, leveraging data and technology to optimise results.
Don’t be put off if you can’t use these tools yet. We will teach you.
Initially, this role will focus on maintaining and running existing data pipelines, before expanding with experience into using Python and SQL to create your own. You will also learn how to shape the data so that it is in the best format for our dashboarding team.
We want you to have an analytical mindset, a good level of mathematical and data handling ability and a passion for solving problems. Previous coding experience is an advantage but we would invite applications from all with a data background.
Reporting of the role
Principal Consultant, Data Engineering
3 best things about the job
- You’ll have access to the latest and greatest in cloud and dashboarding technologies
- Continuous learning, autonomy & room for development with the best in the industry.
- You’ll be working in a close knit, friendly team who are there to support you at every stage of your career.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Understood the Data & Technology team’s existing tools and techniques and how we work with the wider agency.
In six months, you would have:
- Contributed to the delivery of several client projects
In 12 months, you would have:
- Worked closely with clients to deliver on projects that drive Data & Technology forwards
Responsibilities of the role
- Assist in designing, building, and managing data pipelines to support data and analytics needs.
- Utilise Google Cloud and Snowflake for data storage and analysis.
- Work closely with the planning and investment teams to understand their data requirements and develop solutions accordingly.
- Assist in data quality control, ensuring accuracy and consistency across all data platforms.
- Collaborate with senior data engineers and other team members to implement data strategies and meet business objectives.
What you will need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field.
- Familiarity with data architecture and data pipeline construction.
- Experience with cloud platforms, preferably Google Cloud, and data warehouse technologies like Snowflake.
- Basic understanding of SQL or other data manipulation languages.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.