Search Account DirectorApply Now
Search Account Director
If you require any adjustments or additional support during the recruitment process, for any reason whatsoever, please let us know at [email protected]
At EssenceMediacom we want to eradicate inequity. We don't tolerate it and when we see it, we act. We attract, support and develop our talent without bias and strive to foster the empathy, creativity and diversity of thought needed to drive meaningful change for our people, our clients, our industry and our society. WPP and GroupM have already made strong commitments to combat racial injustice. While we are part of this group, we know we have an individual responsibility as an employer and an industry leader to fight against racism. That’s why we have pledged the following seven commitments.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, that’s okay, and we encourage you to apply anyway to find out more about whether this is the right match for you.
About GroupM Nexus
GroupM Nexus UK is a community of more than 1,000 specialists comprised of Search, Social, Programmatic & Display, and Ad Tech Ops Practice Squads from across the GroupM agencies.
GroupM Nexus is designed to accelerate GroupM clients’ businesses by leveraging the power and capabilities of GroupM and its agencies, through partnerships with the world’s leading digital platforms, advanced accreditations for digital practitioners, and continued development and deployment of industry-leading benchmarks.
The EssenceMediacom Search team works to effectively manage paid search campaigns to consistently deliver excellent results against client KPIs. We are a team of approximately 30 people working across a range of clients within many different markets. You’ll be a part of the wider Google Practice, which is a community for all EssenceMediacom UK digital experts, which focuses on connecting the Google ecosystem and delivering best in class performance for our clients. We are now looking for a Search Senior Account Manager to come and join the growing Search team based in EssenceMediacom North’s Head Office at the WPP Campus in Manchester.
Intro to the role:
As a Search Account Director you will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of your account(s) across paid search whilst operating as the main campaign point of contact for our clients. Making use of platform knowledge and account management practices, you’ll ensure effective management of projects to brief, schedule and budget. Ultimately, as part of the Google Practice you’ll work to deliver world class paid search campaigns which exceed our client’s expectations.
- Responsible for the output of your team, client facing and operational, UK-based and Global Hub, and acountable for adherence to controls and best practices across paid search.
- Strategic understanding of the client’s business and KPIs, keeping up to date with latest Industry news and proactively spotting trends, product releases, and other opportunities which could enhance our activity.
- Maintain a forward thinking and innovative approach in the development of all paid search activity.
Client & Partner Management
- Develop strong relationships with your client and key suppliers, leading team communications with these stakeholders. Be able to communicate with clients on subjects outside your remit and provide them with useful insight.
- Advise internal and external stakeholders around practice area/industry trends, displaying a deep knowledge of own practice area/industry and how it impacts customer businesses.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of and monitor the client’s industry and competitive environment in order to create effective solutions.
- Play an active role in recruitment and interviewing processes to build strong teams. This will involve leading interviews, making staffing decisions and acting as an ambassador for the team to potential candidates.
- Take responsibility for your team’s development and career progression within the agency. Leading by example to motivate and encourage those with less experience on the team.
- Ensure the effective management of more junior team members, guaranteeing workloads are monitored and prioritised to meet deadlines.
- Help to drive process automation through adoption of scripts, third party solutions and efficient ways of working.
- Lead on application and adherence to all areas of paid search activation finance process.
- Contribute to the development of strategic revenue and service opportunities.
- Expert practice area knowledge and in-depth understanding of search campaign set-up, management, optimisation and reporting across Google Ads and Microsoft and technology vendor platforms such as Search Ads 360.
- Excellent understanding of the strategic and tactical application of paid search and digital marketing in general.
- Proven Project Management, Leadership, Stakholder and People Management Experience.
- Ability to lead and manage hybrid teams located in different markets.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and countries.
GroupM Nexus Benefits:
- New state-of-the-art WPP Manchester Campus
- 25 Days Holiday (increasing to 30 in increments after third year of service by one day annually) + Birthday Off + Work Annivsary
- Flexible Working Policy
- Flexible Public Holidays Policy
- Private Medical Insurance Option
- Refreshments and food at Level Ate Café
- In-house Barista
- Well-being allowance towards an activity of your choice (e.g Gym or Yoga Membership)
- WPP Pension scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enahnced maternity and paternity leave
- Online career review and development tool
And many more!
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at EssenceMediaCom London*