Research and Insights ExecutiveApply Now
Research and Insights Executive
INSIGHT EXEC – Essence MediaCom North Group (Manchester based)
If you require any adjustments or additional support during the recruitment process, for any reason whatsoever, please let us know at [email protected]
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, that’s okay, and we encourage you to apply anyway to find out more about whether this is the right match for you.
Did you know that marginalized groups including women, people of color and people with a disability are more likely to discount themself for a role if they don't feel they meet every requirement or understand the reasonable adjustment that can be made? This is why we encourage connection and conversation to ensure that everyone has the opportunity and information needed to find the right role, for them.
Overview of role
Essence Mediacom are looking for a Research and Insight Executive (Level One) to work in the Research and Insight Team in their Manchester Office. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone excited by the media industry and curious about consumer behaviour.
The Research and Insight team exists to be the voice of the consumer in the agency, and we fulfil this in 4 key areas:
- Answering specific client questions through bespoke research projects. We are a full-service qualitative and quantitative research team using a range of research techniques.
- Providing actionable insights to support on MediaCom new business pitches. Through bespoke research and/or layering of insights and sophisticated use of desktop tools
- Producing industry leading thought leadership pieces that answer the big and/or pertinent questions and developing new insight products that feed into media planning.
- Championing the suite of desktop insight tools we have access to, and supporting the agency to understand audiences as deeply as possible using data from a variety of sources
The Research and Insight Team in Manchester consists of 6 people and we work across all Essence MediaCom North Group offices (Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham). In this role you will be working with other members of the team, and stakeholders across the agency, steering us towards our goal of delivering “best in class” research and insight, driving income opportunities and supporting the agency to make our understanding of audiences second to no other agency.
3 best things about the job
1- The work- No two days are the same. The variety of the role in terms of the work you will be doing ranges from market analysis and consumer trends using desk research to writing and analysing surveys to creative testing through focus groups.
2- The people- Our team works with clients across the agency, giving you the opportunity to work with clients in a variety of categories and with teams across the agency, including Planning, Strategy, New Business, Data and Tech and other Analytics and Insight teams.
3- The company– MediaCom is a brilliant place to work, with a people-first focus. You will be supported as you start your career, in terms of mentoring and training in your work as well as through our inclusive, friendly and accepting culture.
Responsibilities of the role
- Answering client questions and feeding the planning process using our range of insight tools. These questions may be around consumer understanding, audience targeting, social media listening, market interrogation, culture and trends etc.
- Helping to manage quant research projects (mainly online surveys) through the fieldwork and analysis processes.
- Helping with qual research projects, for example focus groups and online communities.
- Working with other team members you will contribute to the numerous pro-active insight pieces which the team produces.
- Liaising with teams across the agency to be a face of Research and Insight
Who are you?
- Passionate – about understanding people and our role as a media agency to communicate effectively with them using all available channels.
- Analytical – pays attention to the detail and likes to work with data.
- Organised – takes accountability and ownership over their work/delivering tasks.
- Collaborative – enjoys working with others, can communicate and build relationships.
- Curious - you are inquisitive and love to problem solve.
- More than anything you have a positive attitude and growth mindset.
You may have a degree, diploma or A-levels, we are open to all applications.
What we can offer you.
- New, stunning office in the heart of Manchester
- 25 days holiday from the get-go (plus an extra day for your birthday)
- Interest free travel loan, subsidised gym memberships, private medical (BUPA) and life assurance
- Impressive discounts across a range of high street and online retailers
- Free breakfast, fruit and coffee
- Company pension scheme
Sounds good? We’d love to hear from you!
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyper-connected world.