Media Strategy DirectorApply Now
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
Overview of role
Essencemediacom helps brands unlock growth through media. By applying our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology, and creativity we design communication strategies that grow brands and generate sales.
As part of WPP and GroupM, we have access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
Reporting of the role
The Strategy Director will report directly to the General Manager and work closely with the MENA Strategy lead in the UAE. As a key member of the agency's leadership team, the Strategy Director will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic initiatives that drive business growth and profitability in Saudi Arabia. Additionally, the Strategy Director will collaborate with senior management and cross-functional teams to ensure that strategies are aligned with the agency's overall vision, and new EM operating model. The Strategy Director will be expected to provide regular updates and insights to the team and other stakeholders as needed, and actively contribute to the agency's ongoing success in the region.
3 best things about the job
Opportunity for Growth: As a Strategy Director, you will have the chance to work with a talented team and collaborate with clients on a local, regional, and global scale. This presents an excellent opportunity for professional growth, including exposure to new ideas and perspectives that can enhance your career trajectory.
Impactful Work: You will be responsible for leading and managing the development of strategic solutions for clients, ensuring that they achieve their business objectives. Your work will make a significant impact on the clients' success, which can be highly rewarding.
Diverse Culture: Saudi Arabia has a diverse culture that is rich in history and tradition. Working in this environment will provide a unique experience, where you can learn and appreciate different cultural perspectives. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work with colleagues from different backgrounds, which can broaden your understanding of global business practices.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Successfully onboarded and integrated into the team, demonstrating a deep understanding of the company's culture, values, and processes.
- Developed a thorough understanding of the clients' business objectives and priorities, and established strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Conducted a comprehensive analysis of the media landscape and identified key trends and insights that can inform the development of effective strategies.
In six months, you would have:
- Developed and implemented effective strategic solutions for clients that align with their business objectives and meet or exceed their expectations.
- Worked closely with the media team to ensure campaign execution is in line with the client strategy and planning frameworks and provided guidance and support to team members as needed.
- Demonstrated a track record of delivering high-quality work, meeting deadlines, and managing strategic asks effectively.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Built a strong reputation as a trusted advisor and strategic partner for clients.
- Contributed to the growth and success of the agency by developing and implementing innovative strategies that drive business results for clients.
- Mentored and coached team members to develop their skills and expertise, and fostered a culture of collaboration and continuous learning within the team.
- Lead, with the support of the MENA strategy lead, and Saudi management on major local NB assignments (private and public sectors)
Responsibilities of the role
We’d like you to be a trusted resource and partner to our clients, especially their strategy and innovation leads, not afraid to have the tough conversations, when necessary, but also willing to adapt to their needs. You should enjoy working at the edge of what is known in our industry and fuelled by trying to figure it out. Ideally you’re passionate about your career and are still a good time if we’re stuck at an airport for a few hours.
- We emphasize behaviours. We value emotional intelligence, curiosity, collaboration above all else.
- We are looking for a person that is comfortable doing their own research, as well as pulling out and presenting the key insights and ideas.
- Some days you will be presenting your ideas to clients, and some days you will be providing others with ideas to You will feel supported and support others in return.
- You’ll be responsible for the strategic product across a series of products and services with our biggest clients.
- You will be expected to be a leader at the agency and work with cross-discipline teams, as well as be in daily contact with your client team.
What you will need
- Minimum 7 years proven international strategic planning experience and skills.
- Experience in client relationship management
- Prior experience working on a global account and presenting strategies to senior stakeholders
- Strong understanding of digital media planning (possible past life). Offline understanding a plus.
- Working knowledge of market and audience research tools
- Strong understanding of Facebook, Google, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn etc and how we can use data from these platforms for insights.
- Vision for where communications strategy and the wider marketing industry is going
- More analytical than creative, yet strong in both.