Overview of job
An Account Manager is responsible for managing the delivery of integrated communications solutions from the inception of the brief to presentation of the finished solution, through monitoring the campaign when it goes live, to reporting on the campaign results once it has run its course. The Account Manager will be responsible for managing the output of external and internal resources utilised in this delivery.
Reporting of the role
This role reports into the Account Director.
Three best things about the job:
1. Working with the Account Director and planning team within the agency, the candidate will be required to demonstrate their ability to both work independently and lead a team within the agency. The AM will also be required to establish good working relationships with external agencies including creative and PR.
2. An Account Manager should be able to back up their strategic skills with sound business arguments.
3. Key areas of responsibility will include coordination of training and mentoring of planner/buyers within the team, supervising media buying, general account administration, day-to-day client management, liaison with finance department and coordination of presentations.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
· Established yourself as the day to day contact on your accounts. You will have developed a strong working relationship with the Account Director and have implemented ways of working with any more junior members of the team, ensuring they feel supported and are delivering a high standard of work to clients.
In six months, you would have:
· Ensured the delivery of successful media campaigns for your clients and seen progression in any direct reports through the training and support you have given them.
Responsibilities of the role:
An Account Manager should:
· Have a strong knowledge of all media opportunities
· Identify how future trends will impact media planning
· Develop buying strategies and oversee all buying to ensure best value
· Be able to provide regular campaign updates to senior management and clients.
· Have a knowledge of industry media planning tools (DDS, Addynamix etc)
· Demonstrate natural curiosity and challenge planning when required.
· Have a confident and persuasive presenting technique
· Be able to prioritise work, not only their own but the teams as well.
· A desire to deliver award winning work and industry leading innovation.
What you will need:
An Account Manager needs to possess good analytical and interpretive skills, paying close attention to detail, and have the ability to think creatively and strategically. There is a requirement to develop communications solutions quickly and accurately.
An Account Manager must possess a clear and concise style of writing along with a confident and persuasive presentation technique.
· An interest in and thorough knowledge of all media opportunities.
· A team player with excellent communication skills.
· An ability to be proactive, multi-task and manage time effectively.
· A clear and concise style of writing with confident, persuasive presentation skills.
· Numerical and analytical skills.
· The ideal candidate will be well versed in all aspects of media planning and buying across all media. As the role will be predominantly client facing, the candidate should have demonstrable experience in communicating complex media planning as straight forward client advice.
· Experience of business analytics and/or econometrics would be helpful, but not essential.
· An enquiring mind is a must.