EMX | Media Planning Director (Contractor)Apply Now
EMX | Media Planning Director (Contractor)
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L’Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 20 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America.
Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal
About the team
The Media Planning team at Essence are experts on the paid media landscape and how audiences interact with it. We architect then steward holistic media plans throughout their lifecycle, owning the creation of overall plans, cross-channel budget allocation, in flight cross-channel reporting & optimisation, and post-campaign analysis. We are our clients’ key contacts for a unified view of their campaigns, narrating the story of the whole piece from planning recommendation through to PCA.
About the role
Our Media Planning Directors lead teams of junior planners to create and oversee the successful delivery of media campaigns. They demonstrate expert knowledge of the overall media landscape and available research, using these to inform and communicate planning recommendations. Reporting to a Business Director, they have oversight and responsibility for the day-to-day management of media plans and their proper implementation, working to fulfil the client’s media strategy and objectives in the context of changing market conditions. They are responsible for ensuring budget is used optimally to deliver the desired results, via effective planning, in-flight cross-channel optimisations, and insightful post campaign analysis to inform future campaigns.
L’Oréal are the world’s leading beauty company and the UK’s fifth largest spender in media. With a portfolio including L’Oreal Paris, Garnier, Maybelline, Kiehl’s, Lancome, Kerastase, La Roche Posay, NYX, Essie and IT Cosmetics, L’Oréal promote a truly democratised and diverse beauty offering.
Our clients are a mix of marketing, product and media experts. Highly commercial and with an impressive grasp of their markets, they will continuously challenge your thinking to get to the best solutions for driving growth in their dynamic product categories.
As Media Planning Director on L’Oréal, you will play a key role in delivering business success for our clients. You will be in constant communication with them, building trusted partner status and making a vital contribution to the overall success of our client-agency relationship.
In return you will have access to business level data to jointly work towards our clients’ ambitious goals. Ideally, you will have experience planning across all media channels, from TV to social. Our remit covers planning across the UK and Ireland.
You’ll work on a selection of brands within the L’Oréal portfolio. The groupings are still TBC as we build our team - we’ll organise our people and the distribution of responsibilities in line with best fit to complementary skill sets, experience and preferences of the successful candidates.
Some of the things we'd like you to do:
- Deliver high quality integrated responses to brief, actionable weekly cross-channel reporting, insightful post campaign analyses and clear briefs to Activation
- Oversee and quality assure all deliverables produced by junior team members
- Deliver clear and compelling rationale to support media planning recommendations and to evidence campaign performance versus expected outcomes
- Take a lead role in client meetings and in briefing to Activation
- Partner with our Activation and Analytics teams to design Campaign Analysis Plans
- Line manage a range of junior team members from Media Planning Executives to Associate Directors, with responsibility for their day to day output and ongoing development
- Help motivate the cross-practice team to deliver inspiring and successful campaigns, leading by example while coaching juniors
- Provide timely and actionable feedback to aid in team development and improvement
- Foster strong working relationships across the team to facilitate flawless execution of plans.
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the team and our client base
- Provide awareness and recognition for jobs well done
A bit about yourself:
- Track record of navigating digital and traditional media to build successful, integrated plans
- Ability to forecast expected outcomes of brand and performance campaigns
- Superb client relationship and management skills
- Excellent cross-team collaboration
- Strong written and verbal communication and storytelling skills
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent organizational skills, close attention to detail and ability to quality control work
Required education and experience:
- Proven media planning experience at Senior Manager/ Associate Director level
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status