EMX I Media Planning Performance Associate DirectorApply Now
Performance Planning Associate Director
EssenceMediacomX, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Our office sits within the legacy Essence building on Oxford Street. We still have all our wonderful essentials looking after our amazing clients! Our clients include many exciting brands such as Google, ITV, Airbnb, BT/EE, NBCUniversal and L’Oréal to name a few.
Visit www.essencemediacom.com for more information!
About the team
Media Planning are experts on the paid media landscape and how consumers interact with it. We architect and steward holistic media plans throughout their lifecycle, owning the creation of overall plans, cross-channel budget allocation, in flight cross-channel optimisation & reporting and post-campaign analysis. We are our clients’ key contacts for a unified view across all aspects of their campaigns, narrating the story of the campaign from planning recommendation through to PCA
We are looking for Biddable focused planners, to help better serve the client L'Oréal , so that when the Programmatic/Social/Search talent are busy in the platforms activating campaigns- the planners can be talking to the Client and giving an overall idea on where we are at.
Our Media Planning Associate Directors lead junior planners to create and oversee the successful delivery of media campaigns. They demonstrate excellent knowledge of the overall media landscape and available research, using these to inform and communicate planning recommendations.
Reporting to a Director, they have oversight and responsibility for the day-to-day management of media plans and their proper implementation, working to fulfil the client’s media strategy and objectives in the context of changing market conditions. They are responsible for ensuring budget is used optimally to deliver the desired results, via effective planning, in-flight cross-channel optimisations, and insightful post campaign analysis to inform future campaigns.
Some of the thing's we'd like you to do:
Support the Planning Director to manage tasks within the team, working more independently on smaller campaigns and liaising closely on larger projects.
- Conduct research to determine and support planning recommendations.
- Allocate budget appropriately between channels.
- Contribute to clear briefs to Activation and collaborative sessions to deliver these.
- Evaluate responses from the Activation team and work with them to finalise channel and publisher selections and budgets.
- Own the overall plan (as shared with clients) and the plan within Olive, our finance system
- Maintain campaign testing plans and supporting material.
- Manage campaign launches.
- Create and manage cross-channel reporting templates.
- Collate and quality assure in-channel Activation reports, and develop insights and recommendations for the weekly cross-channel report.
- Contribute in client presentations and manage relationships with junior clients.
- Take responsibility for the collaboration and delivery of creative specs.
- Meet with vendors and have a relevant point of view on their offering.
- Contribute to case studies that can be shared internally as learning and best practice.
- Train and manage Media Planning Executives/Managers to deliver high quality of output.
Competencies (specific knowledge, skills and abilities):
- Forecast expected outcomes of campaigns and manage spend accordingly.
- Basic spreadsheet capability (VLOOKUP, Pivot Table) are a must.
- Superior presentation design skills, in slides or document format.
- Understanding of industry standard media research tools (e.g. Comscore, GWI, TGI, YouGov).
- Sound written and verbal communication skills, with the desire to learn and advance.
- Excellent organizational skills, close attention to detail and ability to quality control work.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Superb client relationship and management skills.
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate in a team environment.
- Skilled in quantitative reasoning.
- Experience with planning activity for emerging markets is beneficial
- Management Responsibility
- Motivate junior team members, leading by example while teaching new skills.
A bit about yourself:
Proven experience in media (preferably but not exclusively in planning) at Manager level
Experience in collaborating and planning across multiple markets is desirable.
What you can expect from EssenceMediacomX
EssenceMediacomX’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful.