Planning Account ManagerApply Now
Planning Account Manager
If you require any adjustments or additional support during the recruitment process, for any reason whatsoever, please let us know at [email protected]
At EssenceMediacom we want to eradicate inequity. We don't tolerate it and when we see it, we act. We attract, support and develop our talent without bias and strive to foster the empathy, creativity and diversity of thought needed to drive meaningful change for our people, our clients, our industry and our society. WPP and GroupM have already made strong commitments to combat racial injustice. While we are part of this group, we know we have an individual responsibility as an employer and an industry leader to fight against racism. That’s why we have pledged the following seven commitments.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, that’s okay, and we encourage you to apply anyway to find out more about whether this is the right match for you.
Did you know that marginalised groups including women, people of colour and people with a disability are more likely to discount themself for a role if they don't feel they meet every requirement or understand the reasonable adjustment that can be made? This is why we encourage connection and conversation to ensure that everyone has the opportunity and information needed to find the right role, for them. If this role isn’t quite right, you may be the perfect fit for another – so go ahead, apply and find out!
Overview of role
The planning account manager is the perfect role for a bright, enthusiastic, and personable character, and an opportunity to work within the umbrella of the biggest advertiser in the country, and on the most exciting and popular brands within that.
The successful candidate will manage the day-to-day account, be involved in end-to-end media planning from annual planning to econometrics debriefs, lead a team, and deliver idea-first media solutions within a accommodating, fair and friendly client team. The candidate should also have an established knowledge of the UK digital landscape and experience using insights and planning tools to ensure our plans are digital-first, founded in insight and set-up to test & learn. If you have a passion for media planning across multiple channels, this is a wonderful opportunity!
Reporting of the role
This role typically reports into the Account Director
3 best things about the job
- Working within a highly regarded media agency network, that are excited for new ways of thinking and push for innovation.
- The expectation, support, and tools to deliver best in class digital planning work across one of many industry-leading accounts in the UK.
- It’s a major opportunity to ignite your career and learn a huge amount from some talented colleagues and clients EssenceMediacom has to offer.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Taken on the day to day running of the account, overseeing all ongoing projects and tasks across the account.
- Fully understood the client’s business and competitive landscape, including a strong knowledge of client’s business health through econometrics and contact optimizer learnings.
- Put in place key objectives for the team and built a solid relationship with them.
In six months, you would have:
- Led and delivered a key campaign from start to finish.
- Attended and passed any training still required at manager level, focussed on digital upskilling
- Delivered brilliant work and great management of the client - building innovation into our plans, working integrated with agencies and teams.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Begun the road to AD level. Learning push objectives and attending the relevant training
- Developed award winning ideas
- Implemented new ways of working to create efficiencies across the team/client
Responsibilities of the role
The planning account manager has three main responsibilities:
1) Leading the day-to-day account management and being the go-to person for the client. You will be indispensable to them, a key ally to help them develop amazing work.
2) Inspiring and managing the internal team. Doing and delegating where appropriate, overseeing important budget documents and ensuring the efficiency of the day to day.
3) Acting as the key fulcrum between planning and other EssenceMediacom departments to ensure a smooth and successful running of the account.
What you will need
- Performance mindset be proficient in managing budgets and comprehensive measurement documents.
- Proven digital understanding, training and ability to cover digital questions in client meetings in lieu of specialist teams.
- Strong presentation and communication skills with excellent written & verbal English language skills/grammar.
- Independent worker who can own and manage relationships confidently.
- Drive to execute new ideas and be at the forefront of new industry developments.
- Personality. It’s a work hard, play hard group.
- A keen eye for detail and a conscientious approach.
- Experience in cross channel media planning.
- A positive and passionate approach that motivates the team around you.
- The ability to delegate, up and downwards, to coordinate between groups and departments and to be able to sell strategies, initiatives and ideas convincingly.
- Provide regular feedback (both positive and negative) to the team on a regular basis.
- Set clear KPIs’ that focus on the individual’s key behaviours and areas for improvement.
- Flag up any serious performance issues immediately and seek help to manage them accordingly.
- Ensure that the team are working in a collaborative way with Digital, Investment, MBA, Business Science, Consumer Insight etc.
- Quality control of output from the team.
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.