Digital Account Planner
If you require any adjustments or additional support during the recruitment process, for any reason whatsoever, please let us know at [email protected]
At EssenceMediacom we want to eradicate inequity. We don't tolerate it and when we see it, we act. We attract, support and develop our talent without bias and strive to foster the empathy, creativity and diversity of thought needed to drive meaningful change for our people, our clients, our industry and our society. WPP and GroupM have already made strong commitments to combat racial injustice. While we are part of this group, we know we have an individual responsibility as an employer and an industry leader to fight against racism. That’s why we have pledged the following seven commitments.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, that’s okay, and we encourage you to apply anyway to find out more about whether this is the right match for you.
Did you know that marginalised groups including women, people of colour and people with a disability are more likely to discount themself for a role if they don't feel they meet every requirement or understand the reasonable adjustment that can be made? This is why we encourage connection and conversation to ensure that everyone has the opportunity and information needed to find the right role, for them. If this role isn’t quite right, you may be the perfect fit for another – so go ahead, apply and find out!
Overview of role
We need an enthusiastic and passionate Digital Planner to work on the DFS account, one of EssenceMediacom’s largest and key accounts.
Our Digital Planners are responsible for the operational delivery of the team’s outputs, across Digital advertising for one of EM UK’s most important clients. The Digital Planner will work as part of a client focused Digital Team and will work closely with media owners, clients and third-party platforms for campaign management, optimisation and reporting. Strategically, you will be responsible for responding to client briefs, delivering budget and performance forecasts, client/competitive/market insights, understanding analytics, producing testing matrices, innovation and development programmes and ultimately overseeing the end to end account management of client business.
Reporting of the role
The role reports to the Digital Account Director
3 best things about the job
- DFS are one of the EssenceMediacom’s most exciting Digital accounts with industry leading work that has been showcased in both WPP and ‘Best-In-Class’ sessions
- You’ll be part of tight-knit, dedicated team who live and breathe digital media and whose comradery is contagious! While also part of the larger DFS team, we have a strong team culture.
- You’ll have unprecedented access to alpha, betas and first to market digital media products and platforms, collaborating with media owners, creative agencies and our clients. This will be across a range of digital channels including Display, Video, Social, PPC and SEO.
Measures of success
Successful end to end management of multiple Digtial campaigns across a portfolio of clients.
Our Digital Planners act as day to day campaign leads, with exceptional organisational skills, able to manage all aspects of campaign delivery from the initial response to brief, liaison with creative agency and client contacts, set-up, optimisation, reporting and post-campaign analysis.
Established as a Digital expert across multiple channels
A Digital Planner works in client facing capacity directly with clients and internal Planning teams so needs to be the expert voice in the room for digital channels at all times.
Proven account management skills
Excellent time management, analytical and organisational skills alongside a high attention to detail are the lifeblood of our Digital Planners and the foundation of all future progression.
Become an integral member of the team and Business Group
Our team culture is very important to us and there are lots of opportunities to get involved and work closely as a team. Knowledge sharing, working in our buddy system, mentoring our Executives and work shadowing are some of the areas we ask our Digital Planners to participate in for the good of the wider group.
In three months, you would have:
- Established media owner, client and internal Planning team relationships
- Successfully managed, optimised and delivered Digital campaigns
- Completed all key training areas required to perform the role across MediaCom, GroupM and external Media Owner modules.
Responsibilities of the role
As part of a busy Digital team, the role is varied with several areas of focus. Digital Planners are expected to be proficient in at least some of these areas but will be given all the necessary training to help develop their skills further. Responsibilities include:
- Campaign Management
- Assisting on the development of detailed Digital media plans that align with client’s objectives and KPIs.
- End-to-end set up of Digital campaigns across relevant social platforms. The ideal candidate should be able to display a good base understanding of Digital strategy & best practices across a variety of channels, objectives, formats, audience types etc.
- Undertaking regular quality assurance (QA) checks to ensure campaigns are set up to defined best practice standards. Working with the local team and Global Hub team as necessary to ensure standards remain high.
- Monitoring campaign performance and pacing to ensure activity delivers as expected. Troubleshooting and optimising campaigns in order to improve performance as necessary.
- Working to produce detailed & accurate weekly/monthly campaign performance reports, often in Microsoft Excel.
- Writing performance commentary that delivers valuable insight and recommendations to clients. Able to identify trends and recommend actions on-platform to capitalise/mitigate these trends as necessary.
- Assisting with more detailed analysis including end-of-campaign reporting, quarterly/annual reviews, and on standalone projects.
- Client & Partner Management
- Working closely with your line-manager & the wider team (including the Global Hub team) to support the delivery of high-quality work for clients. Actively contribute to client calls and become a valued and trusted member of their marketing team.
- Working with partners and attending regular platform training sessions to further develop your Digital skillset.
- Operational Excellence
- Able to effectively manage your time whilst working on multiple projects simultaneously. Able to communicate clearly and in a timely manner with internal and external stakeholders as required across email, chat, video and in-person.
- Attend regular internal meetings and training sessions in order to actively contribute to a collaborative and friendly Digital community.
- Help those more junior in the team with their tasks, providing guidance where needed.
- Responsible for accurate and timely fulfilment of mandatory agency finance processes. Working with line-manager and more junior team members to ensure processes are followed, allowing for prompt payment/invoicing and to minimise finance queries.
What you will need
- To be passionate about all things Digital! And loves working as part of a team.
- You will have managed Digital campaigns before and you can hit the ground running as a specialist from day 1.
- You have strong inter-personal relationship skills and can be an ambassador for the digital team at all times, both within the agency and at external client meetings
- Able to display a good foundation in setting up and optimising Digital campaigns across one or more of the key social platforms
- Experience working in an agency environment (preferably as part of a social or activation team) is not necessary but would be preferable.
- Computer literate with a good base of skills across the Microsoft Office suite of programmes (including Excel).
- Comfortable handling large quantities of data and working with numbers/budgets. Exeprience compiling performance reports for clients and writing insightful commentary to accompany these reports.
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.