EssenceMediacom fuses Essence’s performance, data, analytics and creative technology DNA with MediaCom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise.
EssenceMediacomX sits within the legacy Essence building on Oxford Street. We still have all our wonderful essentials looking after our amazing clients! Our clients include many exciting brands such as Google, ITV, Airbnb, BT/EE, NBCUniversal and L’Oréal to name a few.
About the team
Activation Planning are experts on the paid media landscape and how consumers interact with it. We architect and steward holistic media plans throughout their lifecycle, owning the creation of overall plans, cross-channel budget allocation, in flight cross-channel optimisation & reporting and post-campaign analysis. We are our clients’ key contacts for a unified view across all aspects of their campaigns, narrating the story of the campaign from planning recommendation through to PCA
We are looking for Biddable focused planners, to help better serve the client (Mars), so that when the Programmatic/Social/Search talent are busy in the platforms activating campaigns- the planners can be talking to the Client and giving an overall idea on where we are at.
Our clients are a mix of marketing, product and media experts. Highly commercial and with an impressive grasp of their markets, they will continuously challenge your thinking to get to the best solutions for driving growth in their dynamic product categories.
The Activation Planning Executive supports team deliverables across the campaign lifecycle by collating and analysing data from internal and external sources. They use industry and proprietary research tools to uncover insights to feed into planning decisions and compile historical data to ensure previous campaign learning is incorporated into new plans.
In this role you will be collaborating closely with the Activation Teams, to launch campaigns and ensure plans are billed correctly. Activation Planning Executives stay close to the plan during the lifecycle of a campaign to support with the set up, the optimisations of performance in-flight, reporting and billing. They demonstrate sound working knowledge of the overall media landscape.
Competencies (specific knowledge, skills and abilities):
● Able to create presentations, in slides or document format.
● Sound written and verbal communication skills, with the desire to learn and advance.
● Strong organizational skills, close attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
● Ability to adhere to deadlines.
● Ability to work independently and to collaborate in a team environment.
● Able to recognise when problems could develop and know when to escalate to managers.
● Supporting and delivering campaigns managed for digital activity both locally and in EU Markets.
● Analysing campaign results and creating actionable insights and learnings to feed into media specialists and future campaigns
● Supporting with the delivery of post-campaign analysis (PCAs) reports, across all markets
● Ensuring that each channel is reconciling spend each month and before the agency deadline
● Day-to-day relationship building with clients and media owners
● Developing media knowledge via training courses and meetings with key vendors
A little bit about you:
● Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise across multiple demands
● Have an interest in working on cross-market, international account
● Attention to detail is one of your key strengths, and you collaborate well with others
● Strong logical thinking and reasoning skills
● Proficient at Excel (e.g. pivot tables) and PowerPoint
● Passion for media planning – having an appetite for learning about the latest channel, platform, format or targeting method
● You will be confident, self-starter with great communication skills
● You will have a positive attitude and approach every task with passion