EMX | Media Planning Performance ManagerApply Now
EMX | Media Planning Performance Manager
Performance Media Planning Manager
Performance planners are experts on the E-commerce landscape and how consumers interact with it. We architect and steward holistic media plans across conversion-driving media, working closely with our brand planning counterparts to ensure a full-funnel approach is followed. We are our clients’ key contacts for a unified view across all aspects of their performance campaigns; owning their creation, implementation, reporting and optimisation.
We are looking for a Performance Planning Manager to join our L’Oréal account team, officially known as Beauty Tech Labs and informally as The Beauties. We are a high-performing collective of 100+ media and marketing experts working in media planning, strategy, data strategy, analytics and activating all channels from TV to organic search. The Performance Media Planning Manager will be a go- to planner for all things related to eCommerce and performance media. They will be responsible for a portfolio of brands within the L'Oréal stable. While the exact brands they will own are to be determined, they could include the likes of L'Oréal Paris, Garnier, Maybelline, Cerave, La Roche Posay, Lancȏme, Kiehl’s and Kérastase. You will work hand-in-hand with the brand planners to ensure the eCommerce and performance elements of the plan are connected to the upper funnel activity. You will also work closely with your colleagues in activation to ensure budgets are deployed optimally to drive sales, via effective planning, in-flight cross-channel optimisations and insightful
post campaign analysis to inform future campaigns. You will own the day-to-day management of your brands’ media plans and their proper implementation, working to fulfil agreed media objectives in the context of changing market conditions. You will demonstrate strong working knowledge of the overall media and ecommerce landscape and keep abreast of new developments, using these to inform planning recommendations. We are looking for someone with great communication, project management and numerical skills who will thrive working with a fast paced, multi stakeholder client.
Some of the things we’ll ask you to do:
- Lead planning on all ecommerce and performance campaigns across your brand portfolio, liaising closely with brand planners on larger/ multi channel projects. This includes both always on activity as well as ad hoc campaigns such as cross-brand retailer events.
- Liaise with and manage multiple stakeholders - both client and agency side. Build and maintain strong relationships with them
- Use appropriate data to design and support your planning recommendations.
- Determine the best media mix for your campaigns - allocating budget appropriately between performance channels
- Create clear briefs for the activation teams and run collaborative sessions to deliver these.
- Evaluate responses from the activation teams and work with them to finalise channel and publisher selections and budgets.
- Own the overall plan (as shared with clients), being the go-to person for campaign status and delivery, and the key point of contact for clients on all things commerce
- Co-create, maintain and lead the implementation of testing plans and supporting material.
- Create and manage cross-channel reporting templates.
- Collate and quality assure reports, develop insights and recommendations for the weekly cross-channel report.
- Meet regularly with vendors and have a relevant point of view on their offering and how it is developing.
- Contribute to the development of case studies that can be shared internally as learning and best practice.
Some of the specific knowledge, skills and abilities you’ll bring to the role:
- Highly numerate with an analytical mind.
- Experience in and an enjoyment of campaign reporting - uncovering the insights that will ensure a cycle of continuous learning and campaign improvement.
- Experienced in and with an aptitude for managing projects, clients, vendors and agency stakeholders.
- Experience planning and optimizing across performance digital media channels, including: Amazon search and DSP, Google Search and social media.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- A strong communicator who is confident and comfortable in front of clients and other stakeholders, and able to work to deadlines.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise and multitask: you will be working on several projects at the same time, often for different stakeholders.
- Critical thinking / problem solving skills: you must be able to analyse data or a situation, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations
- Desire to learn and advance, with a keen eye for detail and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in managing others within a team or project environment
- Confidence in working with ad servers.
- Ability to forecast expected outcomes of campaigns and manage spend
- Familiarity with campaign evaluation metrics
- Excellent spreadsheet capability is a must (formulas e.g. vlookup, sumifs, pivot
- Proven experience in cross-channel performance media at a Senior Executive or Manager level, including experience on Amazon.
- Proven track record of delivering business results through media for a large client.