Global Digital Associate DirectorApply Now
Global Digital Associate Director
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers helps our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates an opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at EssenceMediacom London*
Global Digital Associate Director
Overview of Role
Working with the Global Digital Associate Director, you will assume responsibility for creating best-in-class digital strategies, supporting the team in how we activate against these strategies, and helping to design a modern, future-facing data-focused vision for the future.
The role requires working with the EssenceMediacom team made up of a range of key disciplines: Global Account Management, Business Science, Consumer Insight, Creative Solutions (content), Search, Digital, and social media.
There will also be a small amount of comms planning.
In this exciting and new role, you will deliver:
Superior Client Account Management
- Ability to engage and face off with knowledgeable senior-level marketing clients
- Build and maintain excellent client relationships through best-in-class client servicing.
- Actively participate in the development of client contact strategies
- Act as focal point for our local planning, global and regional teams. Driving excellence and quality in account management and delivery.
- Assist the DD with client and partner agency resolution issues.
- Assist the DD in reporting and adherence to client servicing action plans.
- Anticipation of clients’ needs and setting up internal process to meet them.
- Recognise the best work from across the industry and category and be confident in sharing and applying relevant insights.
Practice development and implementation
- Be able to manage centrally developed and develop owned strategies and advise/help implement them – taking the brief through to guiding activation
- Embrace and advocate the use of Mediacom’s tech systems approach, ensuring this becomes the focal point of our way of working.
- Build relationships with the key global platform partners (DSPs, technology partners, data providers and buying partners)
- Identify and set relevant processes and KPIs in conjunction with key clients and then apply them in delivery and monitoring progress.
- Support the team on all ad-hoc digital client requests where appropriate.
- Focus on delivering against global commitments, encompassing people, resources, quality of services, deliverables, and remuneration/audits.
- Support team by creating consistent approaches to account needs including QBRs, summits, PCAs, media landscape, and competitive reports.
- Management and development of immediate team including digital capabilities.
- Maintain a high level of motivation amongst team members and implement initiatives to ensure team retention.
- Anticipate team workload.
- Marshal team resources in order to fit client requirements and work with staffing/revenue ratios
- Develop strong relationships with internal teams.
- Implement initiatives to ensure team retention.
Skills, Behaviours, and Experience Required
- Positive and passionate approach that motivates the markets & champions team successes with clients.
- It is essential that the candidate has a strong understanding of the broad digital landscape and a good knowledge specifically of the managed services and programmatic landscape.
- Excellent presentation skills (writing and delivery) and comfortable dealing with senior global clients.
- The ability to challenge clients in a structured and well-thought-through way.
- Must be curious about data analytics and how that impacts the planning process.
- Must be very knowledgeable about the technologies used to support online and/or mobile advertising operations inc. ad serving, audience management tools, inventory applications, tagging, viewability measurement etc.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritise responsibilities.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Keen problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Well-versed in the Microsoft Office suite specifically, Excel and PowerPoint
Expected 2-3 step process to get the opportunity to meet the team.
There will be at least 2 interviews:
- Global Digital Director
- Global Account Director
What we can offer you:
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days holiday (increases with length of service)
- Life assurance
- Permanent health insurance
- WPP share options scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Free eyecare vouchers and money off glasses
- Extensive training and development
- Corporate gym memberships
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Interest-free travel loan
- Free breakfast (cereal and fruit)
- Smart shopper (online discount on a variety of products)
Sounds good? We’d love to hear from you!