Account Manager - AV ImplementationApply Now
Account Manager - AV Implementation
Account Manager, AV Implementation
If you require any adjustments or additional support during the recruitment process, for any reason whatsoever, please let us know at [email protected]
At EssenceMediacom we want to eradicate inequity. We don't tolerate it and when we see it, we act. We attract, support and develop our talent without bias and strive to foster the empathy, creativity and diversity of thought needed to drive meaningful change for our people, our clients, our industry and our society. WPP and GroupM have already made strong commitments to combat racial injustice. While we are part of this group, we know we have an individual responsibility as an employer and an industry leader to fight against racism. That’s why we have pledged the following seven commitments.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, that’s okay, and we encourage you to apply anyway to find out more about whether this is the right match for you.
Did you know that marginalised groups including women, people of colour and people with a disability are more likely to discount themself for a role if they don't feel they meet every requirement or understand the reasonable adjustment that can be made? This is why we encourage connection and conversation to ensure that everyone has the opportunity and information needed to find the right role, for them. If this role isn’t quite right, you may be the perfect fit for another – so go ahead, apply and find out!
Overview of role
We are looking for an AV implementation AM to join the TED team, working across a number of their clients that range from Paddy Power, Sky Bet and Tombola.
Responsible for leading the day-to-day buying process towards KPIs for Video. In turn delivering client growth and meeting efficiency targets. The Video work will be a mixture of brand and performance and will be about understanding how video compliments and works alongside other media to deliver more successful media campaigns and ultimately drive better results.
The Account Manager will be self-motivated, and able to manage their and their direct reports’ time effectively. They will be operationally proficient and have good knowledge of video planning and buying principles and how the market operates. They will also have solid knowledge of other media channels, how they fit within the overall media/marketing mix and how they influence video.
Our team has a unique and exciting setup where we both plan and buy as one unit in AV, giving greater responsibility to all members of the team.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the SAD and Investment Lead. There is a team to support and also other AV team members who work on other businesses.
3 best things about the job
- It’s chance to work on some of the best clients in EssenceMediacom who move at rapid pace and are at the forefront of new media opportunities in video.
- You will be part of a 'full service' team with media at the heart.
- The client is looking for people who want to take a lead role in driving forward all facets of the media mix, from applying data in new ways to building creative and innovative partnerships with media owners.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Taken ownership of the client’s video output.
- Proven to be the day-to-day lead for supplier contacts as well as internal stakeholders.
- Ensured that client objectives and targets are understood and optimised towards every day for future facing video plans.
In six months, you would have:
- Delivered on short and long-term projects.
- Worked closely with client planning team members to deliver fully integrated media plans and client brief responses.
- Challenged inherited ways of working with your own ideas for improvement.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Gained an understanding of the clients’ business and their needs and have the ability to shape video strategy in line with it, whilst not forgetting industry developments and market changes.
- Become an extension of the clients’ teams.
- Shown to be proactive, and a real driver who inspires the direct reports and peers alike.
Responsibilities of the role
- In-depth video specialist experience running across AV, AVOOH, Cinema, YouTube and other video broadcasters
- Strong buying experience
- Up to date with all systems that are utilised
- Knows how to create, work to, and forecast accurate media plans, and deal with changes
- A strong understanding of other media channels and how it works in conjunction
- Strongly process driven, from budget management to brief responses
- Collaborate with the wider AV and Investment/Planning team.
- Oversee the workflow management and training for direct reports.
- Share learnings and best practice.
External and Internal Communication
- Communication lead (such as weekly calls and meetings) with the clients, media partners and internal teams with the support of the Channel Lead when required.
- Ability to simplify the complex and reassuring clients on the intricacies of what we do
What you will need
- Self-motivated; an ambition to make the ordinary extraordinary. To be passionate about all things video!
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and a team-player mentality.
- A thirst to learn – be that the client’s business, people, brands, industry, trends etc
- Confidence to challenge those around you (including clients) to get to the best solution and offer your point of view
- Detailed knowledge about AV and how to apply this to granular account optimisation in line with KPI metrics and target
- Ability and experience managing large budgets and feeling at ease with the pace and scale of a large agency
- Positive, proactive, collaborative approach to problem solving
- An ability to prioritise and delegate, as well as manage both up and down
- Empathetic and self-aware
- Calm under pressure, reliable and organised
- Understand the client’s business and the challenges they face
- Accurate verbal and written feedback and instructions
- A strong communicator who presents with conviction
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.