Data ManagerApply Now
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers helps our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at EssenceMediacom London*
We are seeking a highly motivated and organized Data Manager to join our Coca-Cola team at EssenceMediacom.
About the role/Team
This Data Manager role is the link between our global Data and Technology Operations team and TCCC StudioX regional teams, working to establish operational best practices to maximize media data capture, cleanliness, and value through the adoption of the E2E media tech stack for one of EssenceMediacom’s biggest clients, The Coca-Cola Company. While the role sits within the Global Client team, it will mean directly supporting and partnering with regional media leads to identify strategic data opportunities, implement workflow improvements, train on key processes, and ensure progress toward key client deadlines.
Objectives of the Role
The primary goal of the Data Manager is to implement a data management strategy supporting the goal of using data as a strategic asset for our client, The Coca-Cola Company (TCCC). This role will work closely with global Data Management leads to oversee the adoption of key media tools, ensuring proper usage and error-free media data inputs.
The Data Manager will establish a working relationship with regional agencies and client media leads to understand key needs and devise data-driven KPIs to proactively address client priorities. The work will require high levels of coordination and organization as it will involve the navigation of a complex client and agency structure with competing deadlines and focus areas. It is essential to effectively coordinate with global teams supporting media tool consolidation and standardization, as well as regional and local teams onboarding and utilizing this tech stack for ongoing media planning, reporting, buying, and analytics workstreams.
The Data Manager will work independently to generate reporting to identify and address regional issues with taxonomy adherence and planning inputs to ensure manual data processes are both timely and accurate. Strong communication and training skills will be needed to support the onboarding and continuous support of regional planning and activation teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability
1. Strategic and Leadership Skills
- Work collaboratively with EssenceMediacom departments e.g., Global Data Management, technology, and analytics, to deliver clean data from regional units as it pertains to global client requests.
- Serve as global partnership lead for regional media teams, working to identify, create, and deliver strong, best-in-class partnerships.
- Develop a strong knowledge of TCCC client global structure to balance global and regional priorities.
- Effectively and consistently communicate business contexts driving requests from both global and regional stakeholders.
- Maintain a continuous understanding of where regions and countries sit on the roadmap as it relates to global progress goals.
2. Client Account Management
- Demonstrate an ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with clients, global media, and regional media teams, to drive collaboration and best-in-class delivery.
- Develop and gain support for pursuing and realizing strategic data goals, driving a deeper understanding of media performance and growth opportunities.
3. Operating and Technical Requirements
- Implementation of a data management/governance solution
- Experience in media, marketing, reporting, or data governance
- Understanding of the media data ecosystem
- Proven experience in working effectively with stakeholders.
- Proven experience in collaborating across teams to secure buy-in and create scalable solutions.
- Steer the regional data governance roadmap with a focus on automation.
- Solid problem-solving skills regarding numerical and technical problems
- Proficiency in Excel is a must – SQL and VBA knowledge is beneficial.
- Experience with data aggregation and visualization tools is not required, but beneficial.
- Experience with CPG clientele and product hierarchies is not required, but beneficial.
4. People/Team Management
- Providing guidance and training to internal teams
- Develop trusted relationships with both clients as well as internally with media planning and activation teams
What we can offer you.
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days holiday (increases with length of service)
- Life assurance
- Permanent health insurance
- WPP share options scheme.
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Free eyecare vouchers and money off glasses
- Extensive training and development
- Corporate gym memberships
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Interest-free travel loan
- Free breakfast (cereal and fruit)
- Smart shopper (online discount on a variety of products)
Sounds good? We’d love to hear from you!