Digital Account Executive
Overview of role
EssenceMediacom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
Have you been looking for that perfect opportunity to start your career journey within media advertising industry? If you are passionate about digital advertising and are keen to learn more, this might be the perfect opportunity for you
We are looking for a Digital Media Executive to join the planning team. The successful candidate will play an integral part in the digital planning process and will get to work across the entire campaign life cycle – from strategy to execution to reporting. The role will include some client contact and exposure to the fast pace of digital planning across a market leading advertiser. There will be an opportunity to upskill across all channel specialisms.
Based in our new WPP campus building in the heart of Manchester’s development district, the largest communications operation outside of London and the home for all WPP regional talent across a number of business disciplines, and an amazing place to grow your communications career and to realise your potential in a dynamic and exciting setting.
3 best things about the job
- The work: every day working on a digital planning account is exciting with new challenges, and this is the best way to learn and grow.
- The team: we are a group who want to work for each other and produce brilliant work.
- The client: this role includes significant exposure to a client group who are knowledgeable and keen. to add more innovation to their media plans and are at the forefront of a successful cross-agency partnership.
Measures of success
In three months:
- You are an established member of the team adding value, support and innovation to the business
- Learnt about digital media planning and established strong working relationships with the planning and channel specialist teams, gaining trust through strong attention to detail
- Completed all relevant EssenceMediacom & third-party training.
In six months:
- Overseen campaigns or workstreams across a range of digital channels
- Gained the trust of the Account Manager and Account Director
- Built strong relationships with the relevant stakeholders at our clients and internal investment teams.
Responsibilities of the role
You will work as part of a team to run the critical administrational duties of our clients digital campaigns, and support the wider team in the planning of digital investment across a multitude of disciplines. A key role in ensuring operational excellence, and delivering the critical foundations for business success. You will also be involved in the managing of client day to day activity and reporting on success metrics as well as supporting the senior team in understanding the wider market and competitors and how this affects our business outcomes. An exciting entry into the world of digital media and a real linchpin role supporting your team in delivering business critical outcomes.
What you will need
- A passion and energy for developing your digital skills
- Positive attitude and good intent
- Proactive mindset
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Attention to detail
- To build relationships internally and externally
- Effective communication
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames
- You may have a degree, diploma, A-levels or life experience, we are open to all applications.
In this role you will:
- Help deliver digital administration excellence for you clients and in support of your wider team
- Develop an in-depth understanding of how digital channels work in conjunction with other channels as part of a connected communications approach
- Understand what your client’s key performance indicators (KPI) are and how to monitor these
- Optimise and make recommendations according to key performance indicators and with guidance from senior members of the team
- Discover the role audiences play with media targeting and campaign optimisation
- Conduct competitor analysis, key word research and other research required
- Effectively manage client budgets
- Learn how to create a digital media plan in response to a client brief
- Create client reports on post campaign analysis and create future actions
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at EssenceMediaCom