EssenceMediaCom | Strategy DirectorApply Now
EssenceMediaCom | Strategy Director
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers helps our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
About the Role:
Strategy is about inspiring and driving excellence, both internally and externally. A strategy director is accountable for developing & applying audience, market, and product insights to identify the specific challenges and opportunities requested, providing strategic direction + guidance to implementational planning teams to deliver against objectives.
In this role you will:
- Develop an understanding of the client’s business environment and strategy.
- Be an important stakeholder towards clients to elevate their business and spot commercial opportunities.
- You are the key conversational partner for our clients when it comes to their business. This doesn’t stop at media related topics but concerns all of their marketing activities. You understand their business and all of your activities are planned to realize growth in their entire communication system.
- You are equipped to support the communication teams to translate your plans into the right media strategy/touchpoints.
- Collaborate with team leads across Strategy, Media Planning, and Analytics to define project objectives and set key performance metrics.
- Perform competitive analysis and identify gaps and opportunities in the marketplace.
- Assemble strategic insights and cultural trends for internal and external audiences.
- Understand and present emerging behaviors, technologies, and companies that are changing our client’s businesses.
- Contribute to thought leadership activities.
To be successfull:
- You are an opinionated expert on audience and market issues.
- You have experience in media transformation.
- You have a proven track record in collaborative relationships.
- You have success in developing winning campaigns and innovative media ideas
- You have strong presentation skills.
- You are flexible and adaptive.
- You have developed political sensitivity skills.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Proven communication planning skills, leading the development of media strategies & plans.
- Strong understanding of media behaviors and media landscape
- Persuasive Communicator. You have good communication skills, the ability to build strong relationships with clients and networks, strong at presenting.
- Insightful analytical thinker with attention to detail. Good at handling data and extracting learnings.
- Experienced at working with a diverse team. Collaborative, able to work with a team and inspire, guide, and manage the output.
- High energy and driven. Committed and passionate about what you do!
- Proven ability to write clearly; analyze and interpret data with client needs in mind.
What we can offer you:
- Open communication, short lines and a good working atmosphere in which everyone can be themselves and where there is a lot of attention for each other.
- We work with committed and enthusiastic colleagues and with the best business partners, creative agencies and operators in the market.
- A client portfolio that makes you happy with some of the largest global brands.
- Large international network, where a lot of knowledge is exchanged (EssenceMediaCom, GroupM, WPP)
- Good working conditions & development opportunities.
- A hybrid workplace, where you can work partly at the office and partly at home.
- Beautiful building on the Amstel and active attention to job satisfaction and happiness at work. Possibility to work part time in Eindhoven.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at EssenceMediacom Amsterdam*
Sounds good? We’d love to hear from you!
GroupM (EssenceMediaCom, Mindshare, Wavemaker) is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.