EMX | Sustainability Associate DirectorApply Now
EssenceMediacomX, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Our office sits within the legacy Essence building on Oxford Street. We still have all our wonderful essentials looking after our amazing clients! Our clients include many exciting brands such as Google, ITV, Airbnb, BT/EE, NBCUniversal and L’Oréal to name a few.
Visit www.essencemediacom.com for more information!
Objective: to support the UK head of sustainability and global head of sustainability strategy in the delivery of agency’s sustainability goals
· Work with global and UK sustainability leads to interface with WPP sustainability team and implement net zero transition plan
· Drive adoption and ongoing use of media carbon calculator
· Collate and report topline agency media emissions data
· Work with client teams to develop media decarbonisation learning agendas & roadmaps for clients and monitor ongoing progress
· Stay up to date with and develop a POV on developments in media decarbonsiation, eg new technology and tools that can support
· Input into and support roll out and delivery of agency sustainability training and education programmes
· Establish strong working relationships with EMX client leads – EE, Sainsburys
· Work with client teams and internal teams to carry out sustainability maturity mapping and create roadmaps
· Identify opportunities for new product development and new revenue areas
· Chairing EMX planet team ECG
· Support sustainability thought leadership programme by contributing to articles and research projects / papers
· Keep up to date with sustainability developments and share relevant information with sustainability leads, client teams and internal depts, speaking events.
Skills / requirements
· A degree or equivalent qualification in sustainability
· Experience of developing and delivering carbon reduction strategies and roadmaps
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority
· Confident presentation skills
· Experience of building and maintaining internal networks as catalysts for organisational change
· Ability to work independently and proactively
· Experience of delivering training programmes, including an ability to share knowledge with colleagues in a way that motivates and inspires action
· Strong attention to detail, ability to produce accurate work to a high standard
· Proven ability to solve problems by thinking creatively and innovatively
· Experience of working with marketing functions and an understanding of how marketing can drive and support the sustainability agenda
· Knowledge of the key sustainability challenges that relate to the advertising industry, within this knowledge and understanding of the media landscape and media supply chains is desired
· Experience of producing / feeding in to thought leadership reports / articles
· Proficient in using MS office suite
EssenceMediacomX’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an EssenceMediacomX employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.