Digital Media Operations DirectorApply Now
Digital Media Operations Director
If you require any adjustments or additional support during the recruitment process, for any reason whatsoever, please let us know at [email protected]
At EssenceMediacom we want to eradicate inequity. We don't tolerate it and when we see it, we act. We attract, support and develop our talent without bias and strive to foster the empathy, creativity and diversity of thought needed to drive meaningful change for our people, our clients, our industry and our society. WPP and GroupM have already made strong commitments to combat racial injustice. While we are part of this group, we know we have an individual responsibility as an employer and an industry leader to fight against racism. That’s why we have pledged the following seven commitments.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, that’s okay, and we encourage you to apply anyway to find out more about whether this is the right match for you.
Did you know that marginalised groups including women, people of colour and people with a disability are more likely to discount themself for a role if they don't feel they meet every requirement or understand the reasonable adjustment that can be made? This is why we encourage connection and conversation to ensure that everyone has the opportunity and information needed to find the right role, for them. If this role isn’t quite right, you may be the perfect fit for another – so go ahead, apply and find out!
Overview of role
The Operations Director has a proven record of accomplishment in leading a team who are specialists in workload, campaign, and process management. Not only are they responsible for team delivery of areas such campaign booking and reporting accuracy, monitoring campaign delivery in line with media plans and timely resolution of finance queries, but they are also able to collaborate closely with their stakeholders to ensure our processes support both our clients and our internal requirements.
The Operations Director is an experienced individual who is confident in understanding how digital campaigns are activated and can troubleshoot issues in the end-to-end digital campaign activation process – always considering how we develop and improve. They would be confident in onboarding new clients into the agency as well as able to drive and co-ordinate the incubation, testing, integration and roll out of new tools, workflow management and processes.
The Operations Director demonstrates strong communication and team management skills to coordinate the activation of campaigns across internal and external stakeholder groups – clients, suppliers, tech, buyers, and finance. This individual would actively collaborate with their stakeholders to understand their client’s business.
The Operations Director works well under pressure, offering support, training, and developing the skills of their team members. They are an operational role model; championing and supporting operational best practice within the wider team as well as hiring and developing a positive team culture that delivers results and embraces change and operational innovation.
Reporting of the role
You will report into the Partner, Head of Media Engineering
3 best things about the job
- Leading and growing a team of high performing Specialists across a wide range of high-profile clients
- The team! Both the core team and the wider functions we work with are fantastic. It is great to be able to tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience here at MediaCom across all functions.
- The opportunity – this is a brilliant opportunity to be a trusted partner on ambitious clients, working with experienced internal and external professionals. You will have the chance to affect positive change for our business through your people management, project management and process improvement skillset.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Developed strong working relationships with your immediate team, internal and external stakeholders.
- Become an expert in internal processes and ways of working and be effectively managing the output of the Ops team.
- Been owning the monthly finance reconciliation process of digital campaigns across the Ops team and be managing finance queries to resolution identifying any issues, bottlenecks, and required work.
In six months, you would have:
- Been consistently demonstrating your efficacy as the escalation point for the Ops team and internal stakeholders.
- Been leading operational best practice across the wider function; proactively suggesting and implementing process improvement.
- Be project lead on all Operational system migrations, integrations, and upgrades.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Been leading operational system developments and migrations, working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Regularly presenting/discussing improvements and process to improve overall efficiency.
- Be an expert in operational matters across our major clients.
- Lead expansion of Digital Operations – Process setting, building head count structure, KPI’s and development model to support cross media accuracy, finance rigour and efficiency.
- Work closely with Media Engineering and Media Operations to ensure processes are fit for purpose.
What you will need
- Strategic and action-focused with the ability to inspire and drive positive change.
- Deep, hands-on experience of the full end-to-end campaign management cycle and their financial implications.
- A comprehensive understanding of digital ecosystems, buying platforms, finance systems and their interactions.
- Forward thinking and is not afraid to call out or question certain practices and identify better ways of working.
- Comfortable with a high degree of change and can inspire and create positive change across teams.
- Assertive yet diplomatic with exceptional stakeholder management skills delivering high levels of satisfaction.
- Proven experience in leading high performing teams and effectively integrating process and automation initiatives into operational model.
- A decision maker who can evaluate information at hand quickly to help speed up initiatives by being decisive.
- An inspiring and effective communicator across all levels
- Able to translate technical and complex points to non-technical audiences and coach others to do the same.
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.