EMX | Data Strategy and Ad Tech LeadApply Now
EssenceMediacomX, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Our office sits within the legacy Essence building on Oxford Street. We still have all our wonderful essentials looking after our amazing clients! Our clients include many exciting brands such as Google, ITV, Airbnb, BT/EE, NBCUniversal and L’Oréal to name a few.
Visit www.essencemediacom.com for more information!
About the Role
Data Strategy involves transforming the way our clients think about, organize and orchestrate data & technology to deliver more timely, engaging and meaningful brand experience for their customers. This involves thinking through their overall design of their ad stack, how they capture, manage and segment audience data, how they augment this with strategic partnerships, the shape of their reporting data pipeline and the things that need to flow through it, right down to the policies they need to adopt to govern the management of their data in a safe and compliant way.
As a Data & Tech lead reporting into the Head of Data Strategy, you will play a key role in designing and delivering Essence’s digital transformation and data initiatives to Sainsbury’s Group in the UK. In this particular role you will be wearing two hats: you will be responsible for delivering a data-driven approach to audience strategies as the Data Strategy Director on the account and responsible for creating and delivering an agenda of transformative projects across the wider Data & Tech team.
The role is responsible for identifying client challenges and ambitions, and architecting the right solutions supported by our specialists across: Data Strategy, MarTech consulting, Ad Operations, Data Engineering and Product teams.
Some things we’d like you to do:
- You will define the strategy, roadmap and implementation of the omni channel marketing and technology platform stack, working closely with stakeholders in Essence Media, Data, Tech, and Analytics teams.
- Effectively and accurately translate business needs into technical requirements and a digital transformation roadmap, with the ability to effortlessly switch gears from summary view for leadership to hands-on discussion with technical practitioners
- You will be empowered to influence and direct the wider Data & Tech community towards delivering the digital transformation roadmap. This includes:
- Act as the Data & Tech client partner for our most senior clients to enable digital marketing across web, mobile, customers management platforms (CDPs), analytics and reporting.
- Lead, & deliver bespoke audience approaches and the required audience deployment across Sainsbury’s brands and campaigns,
- Drive the integration of Sainsbury's / Argos customer data into cross-channel campaign planning and activation.
- Collaborate with Planning, Activation, Ad Operations, and other departments to bring data-driven campaigns to life and monitor results.
- Collaborate closely with the Analytics teams (internal & external) and identify opportunities and use cases for advanced data modeling.
- Identify and assess relevant data partners and solutions in the market, guiding clients and internal teams through evaluations and onboarding
- You will take our solutions to clients, and work with the client leads, and specialists leads on winning and delivering new business.
- Assertive, with the confidence to be voice of authority – not afraid to do what is best for team
- Advise Sainsbury's / Argos stakeholders on the changing privacy landscape and its implications for their organization.
A bit about yourself:
- Digital agency-side working in a data strategy, ad tech or programmatic verticals.
- A working knowledge of ad-serving DSP, and data/customer management platforms.
- Highly developed interpersonal, team building and relationship management skills
- Strong analytical skills and a natural affinity for numbers is key; You must be able to analyze raw data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations.
- Good proficiency in line management; with experience of managing a team, with demonstrable skills in guiding the development of direct reports
- Experience within the Google Marketing Platform, in particular, DV360, Campaign Manager, and Google Ads, as well as Facebook
- Experience with Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- MS Excel user with additional experience with programming and/or statistical languages such as SQL
- Experience with CDPs such as Teavaro, Tealium AudienceStream, TreasureData, Bloomreach etc.
- Knowledge of Server-to-Server integrations e.g. Facebook Conversion API
- Knowledge of Cloud Based Solutions: Google Cloud Platforms, Amazon Web Services
What you can expect from EssenceMediacomX
EssenceMediacomX’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an EssenceMediacomX employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.