Account Manager - Birmingham
We are looking for a brilliant Account Manager to join the planning team in our Birmingham office. In this role you will be the day-to-day lead a number of our key clients.
Working alongside the Business Director and specialist media teams you will produce industry leading media strategies, grounded in audience insight and effectiveness learnings, that deliver against client business and marketing objectives. The successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge of all media channels, including digital channels, and the role they play in delivering a communications solution against a client brief.
In this role, you will also be responsible for the development of junior team members - with direct line management responsibilities as well as supporting the wider learning & development of the planning team.
EssenceMediacom is the media planning and buying agency for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
The Birmingham office manages a diverse set of UK and global accounts across categories such as travel, ecommerce, fmcg and charity sector. Our clients rely on us to deliver best-in-class media planning and buying every day, constantly looking to push boundaries and explore the latest innovations in advertising.
What we think are 3 best things about the job…
- You’ll be part of a wonderful tight and supportive team in Birmingham with tonnes of opportunity to really shape our output, whilst also having the extensive resources the EssenceMediacom network has to offer to draw upon
- You will work with clients that are truly passionate about their businesses and look for us to be genuine partners in their ambitions and goals
- Access to local and global best in class people, tools, systems and insights, designed to enable our people to learn and develop and deliver fresh thinking and growth for our clients.
Who are you?
- You’ll have been working in media for a few years at least, likely agency side but you might have a supplier or client side background
- You’ll enjoy working as part of a team and tapping into a variety of specialists to help deliver effective rounded solutions for clients
- You are inquisitive, demonstrate a passion for your craft and a constant drive to expand your knowledge of the communications landscape and your client’s business
- You have significant and relevant experience in comms planning, as well as media and measurement knowledge across multiple channels
- You will have strong client-facing skills and the ability to position yourself as a commercially-minded, trusted advisor to clients.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritise your own workload
- You’ll have a keen eye for detail, particularly when it comes to reporting, campaign delivery and finance
- Experience in helping in the development of junior team members
What we can offer you.
- Superb development opportunities and ongoing support throughout your career
- Wonderful central Birmingham based office
- 25 days holiday (increases with length of service)
- Wellbeing allowance
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Permanent health insurance
- WPP share options scheme
- Free breakfast (cereal and fruit)
- Cycle to work scheme and Interest free travel loan
- Impressive discounts across a range of high street and online retailers
Sounds good? We’d love to hear from you!
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at EssenceMediaCom*