Account Planner – BU2 TUI
At EssenceMediacom we want to eradicate inequity. We don't tolerate it and when we see it, we act. We attract, support and develop our talent without bias and strive to foster the empathy, creativity and diversity of thought needed to drive meaningful change for our people, our clients, our industry and our society. WPP and GroupM have already made strong commitments to combat racial injustice. While we are part of this group, we know we have an individual responsibility as an employer and an industry leader to fight against racism. That’s why we have pledged the following seven commitments.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, that’s okay, and we encourage you to apply anyway to find out more about whether this is the right match for you.
Did you know that marginalised groups including women, people of colour and people with a disability are more likely to discount themself for a role if they don't feel they meet every requirement or understand the reasonable adjustment that can be made? This is why we encourage connection and conversation to ensure that everyone has the opportunity and information needed to find the right role, for them. If this role isn’t quite right, you may be the perfect fit for another – so go ahead, apply and find out!
Overview of role
We are looking for an energetic, conscientious and ambitious Account Planner to join our dynamic and lively team to provide integral support across TUI and it’s exciting sub brands (Marella Cruises/Crystal Ski).
This is an opportunity to work on an account that regularly produces best-in-class award-winning work…The World Cook AFP on Prime Video, Thinkbox TV nomination and Regional Marketing Week award are just a few of the recent examples.
You will be a crucial part of our core client team and play a major role in the smooth day-to-day running of these accounts. You will contribute extensively to all stages of our planning process and own specific client relationships.
The planner must be a strong team player who demonstrates a passion for their craft and a constant drive to expand their knowledge of the communications landscape and their client’s business.
Reporting of the role
You will report into the Account Director/Senior Associate Director
3 best things about the job
- The Team Culture: Being part of a fun and amazingly talented set of planners who pride themselves on doing brilliant, award-winning, work. They will welcome the new perspective you will bring. The team is fun and energetic. Sociable yet hard working. We not only want you to succeed professionally, but also build relationships and enjoy coming to work.
- The Clients: We work with a client group who are truly passionate about their business and look to us as partners to help with continuing to push the boundaries of their media plans.
- The Work: Every day working in media planning across TUI is different and exciting which gives you the opportunity to consistently grow and learn. Planning should be about proactivity and discovery – you will be given guidance and support, but equally the space to put your own stamp on the accounts.
Measures of success
- Growing Our Clients’ Businesses: Client satisfaction/TRR on key clients. Work that is recognised by internal and external awards (winning and/or shortlisted).
- Growing Our Business: Build a clear understanding of EssenceMediaCom’s functions and how each specialist area can drive growth for your clients. Ensure your accounts are in perfect financial health.
- Growing Our People: Support the development of the Execs within your team, ensuring they have clear and motivating direction and are always learning on the job.
- Promote your team’s brilliant work, both within MediaCom and beyond.
Actively participate in agency wide planning initiatives (e.g. Huddles).
- Growing Yourself: Learn one new skill each year that is actively applied to your client’s business.
In three months, you would have:
- Established working relationships with clients, instilling confidence in them that you are their go-to person, reliable and opinionated.
- To understand the client’s marketing objectives and how they can be achieved with paid media.
- Established working relationships with key departments and stakeholders around the building to ensure a visible profile and to streamline and be a conduit for client communication.
- To stay on top of category/social/media insights and trends, using them to build meaningful media strategy.
- Be Agile and Wholebrain. These two training initiatives are our company’s focus at the moment, so you will need to demonstrate that you are proficient in both.
- To instil complete confidence in your Account Director and Senior Associate Director that you can support the team and drive them on.
Responsibilities of the role
- Ensure that the Media Exec has a clear understanding of their role and responsibilities and that they are proficient in delivering whilst developing a curiosity about media.
- Support the AD/SAD in delivering best in class RTBs that show new and interesting approaches.
- Work with the specialist teams to produce PCAs that have actionable insights and learnings.
- Ensure that the wider specialist teams are kept up to date with client developments.
- Make sure deliverables are on time and that work is accurate.
- Help collate and coordinate content for internal and external meetings.
What you will need
We want you to be inquisitive, collaborative and comfortable whether handling data or building creative ideas, and able to advise on all parts of the marcomms landscape (all paid, earned, and owned channels – current and future).
A data first mindset: develop an understanding of digital, data, and marketing technology, and how we use them to drive growth for our clients.
You must be a strong team player who demonstrates a passion for your craft and a constant drive to expand their knowledge of the communications landscape and your client’s business.
You will need to be comfortable presenting in front of stakeholders and confident when it comes to reporting, benchmarks and performance assessment, providing media recommendations to the client.
You will support and sometimes lead regular status meetings with the clients and ensure accuracy of the status sheet for the team.
We will give you the necessary guidance to develop your career and skills, but also the necessary autonomy for you to demonstrate proactivity and willingness to improve yourself, and your clients.
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.