Digital Account DirectorApply Now
Digital Planning Account Director – Sky Ents
If you require any adjustments or additional support during the recruitment process, for any reason whatsoever, please let us know at [email protected]
At EssenceMediacom we want to eradicate inequity. We don't tolerate it and when we see it, we act. We attract, support and develop our talent without bias and strive to foster the empathy, creativity and diversity of thought needed to drive meaningful change for our people, our clients, our industry and our society. WPP and GroupM have already made strong commitments to combat racial injustice. While we are part of this group, we know we have an individual responsibility as an employer and an industry leader to fight against racism. That’s why we have pledged the following seven commitments.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, that’s okay, and we encourage you to apply anyway to find out more about whether this is the right match for you.
Did you know that marginalised groups including women, people of colour and people with a disability are more likely to discount themself for a role if they don't feel they meet every requirement or understand the reasonable adjustment that can be made? This is why we encourage connection and conversation to ensure that everyone has the opportunity and information needed to find the right role, for them. If this role isn’t quite right, you may be the perfect fit for another – so go ahead, apply and find out!
Overview of role
We’re looking for a driven and quick-thinking and versatile Digital Account Director to work on one of the most important and exciting parts of Sky’s business – Sky Entertainment. This product area spans all of Sky’s key programming such as Gangs of London, Brassic as well as the corporate and environmental initiative aspects of the business.
The candidate should already have an excellent knowledge of the UK digital landscape and have experience in planning / buying digital media across both DR and Brand, although the role will be focused predominantly on performance.
As a Digital Account Director on Sky, you will be responsible for the operational delivery of the team’s output (campaign management, optimisation, reporting, brief responses, and testing frameworks etc.), for leading platform adoption & upskilling within the team across Programmatic and Paid Social, for the consultation of our clients in-house programmatic strategy, and ultimately overseeing the end-to-end account management of client business.
This is a huge opportunity for a performance-minded, Programmatic & Social specialist, as you will be managing some of the trading activity for one of biggest clients in the UK.
Reporting of the role
You will report into the Senior Associate Director
3 best things about the job
- The exposure, support and tools to deliver best in class digital work across one of the biggest accounts in the UK.
- Working with the best talent in the industry, both internally at EssenceMediacom and externally at Sky
- Opportunity to drive brand recognition and consideration across one of Sky’s most important and financially impactful business areas, driving innovation within plans across best in market entertainment content.
Measures of success
- Understood the client’s business and growth targets, and how digital channels contributes to this.
- Proven to be the day-to-day lead for client contacts as well as internal stakeholders.
- Ensured that client objectives and KPI targets are understood and optimised towards every day.
In three months, you would have:
- Built strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of your clients’ businesses.
- Worked closely with search and programmatic services account managers cross market to deliver fully integrated media plans and client brief responses.
- Challenged inherited ways of working with your own ideas for improvement.
- Begin to put your stamp on how we work, our digital plans and our clients’ media strategy.
In six months, you would have:
- Worked closely with client team members to deliver fully integrated media plans and client brief responses.
- Managed a campaign through a full planning cycle from brief, to strategy, implementation, reporting, optimisation and post campaign analysis.
- Established a Test & Learn innovation framework.
- Challenged inherited ways of working with your own ideas for improvement.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Gained a complete understanding of the client’s business and their needs, and shaped their digital strategy in line with it, whilst incorporating industry developments and market changes.
- Become an extension of the client’s team, having build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Shown to be proactive, and a real driver who inspires the direct reports.
Responsibilities of the role
- Planning all facets of Digital including Video, Display, Search, Social and Affiliates.
- Liaising with implementation teams including search, social, programmatic services specialists as well as teams in other markets.
- Working within a full media team to deliver response to briefs.
- Campaign reporting to ascertain if you executed recommendations.
- Driving performance across all digital channels.
- Management of direct reports including.
What you will need
The role requires a highly motivated, self-starting individual with a passion for Digital Media who can think on their feet and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Comprehensive experience working in digital at a media agency/media owner/client side.
- Advanced understanding of digital principles (both DR & performance), paid social, partnerships, paid search, data and analytics.
- Strong knowledge of the evolving programmatic landscape as it relates to various channels including display, video.
- Strong knowledge of multiple technology platforms: DSPs/Social Ads Managers, verification tools, viewability, analytics, attribution modelling and adserving (Hand On Experience is preferential).
- Experience working with ad tech solutions to drive audience segmentation and reporting. Complete understanding of the full CRM process and how 1st party data is collected and used to fuel campaigns.
- Experience of in-app advertising as well as planning campaigns to promote apps.
- Ability to tell compelling implementation stories (with the aim to interweave roles, flighting, weights, formats of different media and how they interrelate).
- Proven offline understanding, training, and ability to build cross channel strategies.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Experience of managing and mentoring a team.
- A positive approach that motivates the team around you.
- Independent worker who can own and manage relationships confidently.
- Drive to execute new ideas and be at the forefront of new industry developments.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.