Data Executive, Global Business Systems – Worldwide
EssenceMediacom is GroupM’s newest and largest agency, committed to delivering marketing breakthroughs for brands. It has disrupted the old models across media, creative, innovation and analytics to find new opportunities for advertisers and deliver truly integrated media solutions.
Born out of two pioneering agencies, EssenceMediacom fuses Essence’s performance, data, analytics, and creative technology DNA with MediaCom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks, and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our ‘breakthrough’ ambition is underpinned by our commitment to ‘continuous learning.’ We aim to ensure our people fulfil their potential by investing in their whole-person wellbeing, careers, and capabilities, which in turn helps grow our clients’ businesses.
EssenceMediacom, with 10,000 people across 120 offices in 96 markets, is one of the world’s leading communications specialists, with billings of more than US$21 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2021). Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Google, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, and Uber.
Reports to: Global Head of Business Systems
Global Business Systems Is EssenceMediacom’s central source of internal data intelligence driving digital transformation and client growth across our network.
Our scope includes: -
Creating internal systems that provide business intelligence, using data to drive decision making.
Identifying business opportunities and promoting process refinement to optimize operational efficiencies.
Integration of systems to standardize data streamlining collaboration across the business.
Adoption of the Program’s objective though communication and training to support change and best practices.
The team also work in partnership with GroupM and WPP, Essencemediacom’s parent companies participating in and leading steering groups to make sure Essencemediacom’s voice is heard within the group level technology strategic decision making process.
The Global Data Executive will own day-to-day maintenance of accurate and up to date information to enhance our reporting capabilities. They will also ensure the upkeep of systems assigned as their responsibility.
You will have an active role to play in supporting new users of our systems as well as analyzing adoption metrics to assist in take up of the systems across the business. You will also work closely with the agency’s Global New Business, Marketing, Client, and Finance teams to identify new reports and dashboards that facilitate the growth of our business. It is the intention that, with training, you will learn to build and develop those reports.
You will start your day in a supportive, energized, and collaborative team. You build relationships with local markets and the Global new business, marketing, and client teams by responding to their ad hoc requests and empower both yourself and them in the delivery of breakthrough thinking.
There will be ongoing daily/weekly/monthly tasks for you to complete, which require you need to think ahead and structure your week independently. This would include:
- Checking New Business updates on all local, global, and regional pitches and liaising with stake holders at all levels to answer their ad hoc queries and requests for extracts of data, PowerBi reports with analysis and demand for training. Good communication will be imperative so these relationships can be built quickly.
- Provide setup and maintenance of CRM user licenses and profiles, arrange training, and offer administrative support to all Users in fully adopting and using EssenceMediacom’s CRM platform.
- As new technology and tools are constantly developed as part of the programme accessible at our fingertips, you will be responsible for system testing and sharing new features with the wider team.
The 4 best things about the role:
- Learning an unprecedented amount from a great array of specialist teams that sit close by
- Access to vast amounts of untapped data that needs bringing to light to support growth at EssenceMediacom – this is your big opportunity if you are data driven.
- Global status means forming relationships and making contacts with people from all over the world.
- You will be proactively given opportunities to grow and develop your skills while enjoying a vibrant and social office culture.
In 3 months, you will have:
- A good foundation of the well-established tools we use and the processes for analysing the data they provide.
In 6 months, you will have:
- A strong relationship with our internal clients and comprehensive knowledge of our systems to drive adoption offer valuable insights and support.
Where you’ll be at the end of your first year:
- At the forefront - improving and developing the systems we have with a recognized status in analytical support and guidance. Offering exceptional strategic support to your team and all the users that benefit from our platforms, you will be a “go to” individual in the business.
Skills and experience.
What we are looking for:
- Passion for data including strong analytical, problem-solving and data management skills.
- Transform data into meaningful information to enable informed decision making.
- Exceptional organizational and admin skills, ability to multi-task and detail orientated (THIS IS A MUST),
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Initiative and curiosity - to always be seeking new ways and skills to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of tasks.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of programs, with a focus on Pivot Analysis, Power Query and Macro skills in Excel. Knowledge of PowerBI or similar BI tools would be beneficial.
- Understanding of principles of software development process and project management
Would you fit in the team? Apply if these fit your behavior.
- Driver, self-starter, highly results and outcome oriented.
- Able to work on own initiative and to multi-task.
- Stress resilient, robust, embracive of challenges and change
- Strong believer in teamwork and ability to motivate others.
- Can-do attitude and being a keen learner are an absolute must.
- Open-minded, honest, straight-talking, and effective
- A flexible approach, committed, enthusiastic, and reliable.
- Maturity to build relationships with people of all levels of seniority.