Account Planner Buyer – Press, Radio & OOH (PRO)Apply Now
Account Planner Buyer – Press, Radio & OOH (PRO)
If you require any adjustments or additional support during the recruitment process, for any reason whatsoever, please let us know at [email protected]
At EssenceMediacom we want to eradicate inequity. We don't tolerate it and when we see it, we act. We attract, support and develop our talent without bias and strive to foster the empathy, creativity and diversity of thought needed to drive meaningful change for our people, our clients, our industry and our society. WPP and GroupM have already made strong commitments to combat racial injustice. While we are part of this group, we know we have an individual responsibility as an employer and an industry leader to fight against racism. That’s why we have pledged the following seven commitments.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, that’s okay, and we encourage you to apply anyway to find out more about whether this is the right match for you.
Did you know that marginalised groups including women, people of colour and people with a disability are more likely to discount themself for a role if they don't feel they meet every requirement or understand the reasonable adjustment that can be made? This is why we encourage connection and conversation to ensure that everyone has the opportunity and information needed to find the right role, for them. If this role isn’t quite right, you may be the perfect fit for another – so go ahead, apply and find out!
Overview of role
EssenceMediacom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis, and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
This role involves working across Flutter brands – Paddy Power, Betfair, Sky Bet and Tombola.
A PRO Planner/Buyer uses their industry knowledge and media specific insight tools, as well as investment and media owner relationships, to build implementational plans.
PRO Planner/Buyers need to be able to build strong relationships, have excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to deliver a solid implementational strategy.
A successful PRO Planner can handle the day to day running of campaigns alongside liaising with their directors to manage all incoming requests and responses to briefs, in doing so developing a trusted relationship with the client’s media and marketing team.
Reporting of the role
You will report into the AD and SAD on the team.
3 best things about the job
- The opportunity to work on some of the biggest and most exciting accounts at EssenceMediacom.
- You will have the opportunity to work closely with several other specialists across media, PR, and events etc. in a team that fully integrates media and content.
- We are looking for someone who wants to take a lead role in driving forward all facets of the media mix, from applying data in new ways to building creative and innovative partnerships with media owners.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- A good understanding of EssenceMediacom and Kinetic’s tools and data points and be able use them effectively to build rationale and buy campaigns successfully.
- Developed strong working relationships internally with Planning teams, Kinetic and other EssenceMediacom departments.
- Started to build relationships with day-to-day clients.
- Delivered brilliant basics in PRO implementational planning.
In six months, you would have:
- Liaised and worked closely with Kinetic and other investment leads to ensure campaign set up is in line with implementational responses.
- Built strong relationships with media owners and be keeping up to date with the latest developments from these media owners for your key clients.
- Developed a good grasp of the key accounts.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Built strong relationships with your client team and started to gain their trust in your media expertise and recommendations.
- Be planning and managing the implementation of your own PRO campaigns with minimal involvement from your AD or SAD.
- Taken ownership of the execution or the management of most day-to-day tasks on the account.
- An understanding of what programmatic trading is and how it works.
Responsibilities of the role
- Developing relationships with planning teams, clients and internally with other departments.
- Maintaining strong relationships with media owners.
- Ensuring that you are delivering brilliant basics in PRO implementational planning.
- Working closely with Kinetic and other investment leads, understanding clients buying targets,
- Taking ownership of campaign briefs and, with the support of the team, developing the PRO strategy.
- Producing implementational plans, as well as managing the implementation and reporting at the end of the campaign.
- Attending meetings and calls with planners and clients.
- Presenting recommendations and post campaign analysis to clients.
- Working on proposals based on media owner ideas / solutions.
- Proactively looking for new and interesting media opportunities, as well as ways to improve our media activity.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions.
They will be a competent PRO planner, with strong strategic and outcome-based planning skills, as well as a capacity to build and maintain great client relationships.
- Interest and enthusiasm for working across press, radio and OOH
- Basic multi-media understanding
- Ability to think strategically
- Knowledge of industry media planning tools (all media e.g., Route and TGI)
- Ability to extract and filter relevant insights/ research to support planning decisions
- Ability to think creatively and put forward new and exciting media opportunities to clients
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, with a strong attention to detail and an aptitude for problem-solving and process
- Great communication skills as you will be required to present to clients regularly
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.