EMX | SVP, Head of Data and TechApply Now
EssenceMediacomX, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Our office sits within the legacy Essence building on Oxford Street. We still have all our wonderful essentials looking after our amazing clients! Our clients include many exciting brands such as Google, ITV, Airbnb, BT/EE, NBCUniversal and L’Oréal to name a few.
Visit www.essencemediacom.com for more information!
Reporting into the EMEA Chief Data & Technology Officer, and the EMX COO
Work with the global and regional Data & Tech leads to build a market leading data and tech capability at EMX, making sure we are delivering on the disciplines’ purpose to harness the power of data to unlock greater efficiency & effectiveness for brands and enable more valuable marketing experiences for consumers.
Specific Responsibilities and Tasks
- Lead and manage the deployment of the key capability areas within the data & tech practice - Data Strategy & Mar Tech, Data Management, Product innovation, Technology, and Operations in EMX. This includes the definition and adoption of best practice and process, ensuring consistency across markets/regions where appropriate.
- Lead data & technology approach and business development on key EMX pitches and clients. Making sure we have the right data & tech narrative, backed by commercial models, and appropriate talent on team sheets.
- Deliver thought leadership for the EMX business, our clients, and the wider D&T community. Positioning yourself as our clients’ trusted advisor.
- Be the D&T voice within the EMX leadership team, making sure the team’s needs, and great work is well represented.
- Developing a strong relationship with the wider WPP network including: GroupM, Choreograph, Wunderman Thompson, and Acceleration. In doing so, ensure that EMX clients benefit from innovations from across WPP.
- Lead and manage a team of over 50+ data and technology experts across all our main accounts. Ensuring their working relationship and deliverables with clients and client teams is meeting/exceeding expectations. This includes team mentorship and guidance.
- Represent EMX in global EM technology & tool development. While leading the deployment of global EM tools in EMX.
- Be a leading member of a flourishing community of market data & tech leads who support and learn from each other within the UK, and across markets.
- Contribute to global data & tech product and capability innovation, surfacing from EMX what ‘works’, what doesn’t and client needs that represent opportunities for EM
- Provide access to and act as a bridge for EMX to regional and global D&T and product leads.
- 14+ years in Data, Tech, or Analytics roles relating to marketing or media.
- Strong knowledge of the media planning, buying and analytics methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Knowledge or audience engineering and data strategies across paid, owned and earned media. This encompasses 1st , 2nd, and 3rd party data sets.
- Strong knowledge of Data management, Business Intelligence, and data governance processes, tech, and best practice.
- Deep knowledge of Martech and data management tools such as: Adservers, Mobile SDKs, CDPs, DMPs, Google Marketing platform, Meta, Cloud data management and storage tools (GCP, Azure, Snowflake, AWS, etc.), and others.
- Experience in building and managing sizeable technical teams
- Experience in client facing thought leadership, i.e presentation, talks, written articles etc.
- Good business development and commercial mindset
What you can expect from EssenceMediacomX
EssenceMediacomX’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an EssenceMediacomX employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.