EMX | Head of Media PlanningApply Now
EMX | Head of Planning
EssenceMediacomX, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Our office sits within the legacy Essence building on Oxford Street. We still have all our wonderful essentials looking after our amazing clients! Our clients include many exciting brands such as Google, ITV, Airbnb, BT/EE, NBCUniversal and L’Oréal to name a few.
Visit www.essencemediacom.com for more information!
Reporting to the Exco, you will be a key player in our leadership team with responsibility for both existing key clients and new business opportunities, supporting both local and multi market prospects. You will have extensive experience of producing industry first, winning ideas and be seen as an expert in your field. As an industry renowned thought leader you will be a magnet for attracting and retaining both talent and clients.
Our planning community consists of over 100 people, across both UK based clients and regional clients hubbed in the UK. You will lead senior planners ensuring skills and capabilities of our planning teams keep pace with market advancements and align with the needs of our clients.
We are looking for someone with a strong digital or data background and the ability to work with Senior Leadership, across all disciplines, within EMX, across EssenceMediacom, GroupM and WPP. At such a pivotal time for our agency, we are looking for a strong leader who can drive the new agency narrative to ensure EMX sits at the forefront of data and audience planning.
The ideal candidate is hungry, brave, focused and able to collaborate successfully with our most senior leaders in the organisation and drive the best possible outcome for both existing and prospective clients.
You will excel and thrive on adapting quickly and understanding both existing and prospective clients’ businesses, and you are skilled at working out exactly how we can add value to our clients and tell a story about how we can accelerate growth in a way that is compelling. Smart utilisation of data is core to this.
In line with our people first philosophy, it is critical that you enjoy working as part of a team, are a good collaborator, enjoy communicating with, and motivating, people, and are passionate about creating opportunities for our talent.
The people in our agency deliver the great work they do through the lens of our cultural principles:
· Learn everyday Intentionally seek out diverse views & experiences to broaden your worldview.
· Build better together
· Work closely together regardless of team or seniority
· Always include Be kind, positive, curious & considerate with each other
· Celebrate every success; appreciate every experiment
· Be driven by team success, not individual glory
· Seek help gladly; offer help generously
· Perceive asking for help as a strength not a weakness
· Relentlessly pursue breakthroughs
· Experiment widely, accepting that not everything will work
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
· Work across key clients to deliver strategies to drive growth and transformation for their business
· Partner with the Client leads to understand the needs of our clients and deliver compelling marketing solutions that move the dial in terms of business outcomes
· Thought leadership for clients and for the agency
· Raise the floor and ceiling by creativing market leading solutions for our clients, driving new and innovative ways of working and being first to market with new approaches and products
· Seamlessly blend creativity with rigour, ensuring data and analytics are at the heart of everything we do
· Drive understanding of data and tech, both internally and with our clients and the industry, to build new opportunities for revenue growth and bespoke development
· Ensure insights are driven, and activated, holistically, across both media and creative, working closely with creative partners and agency and group creative leadership
· Work closely with our Head of Data Strategy, alongside Planning and Activation Leads, to spearhead market leading innovation and ensure our data and tech proposition aligns with a transparent approach in everything we do
· Innovate and drive NPD in the area of planning and strategy, including new tools and approaches
· Partner with Chief Growth Officer and other senior leaders across the business to create and convert new business opportunities. Specifically, ensuring we have compelling, industry leading and most importantly winning ideas and strategies to ensure we are in the best possible position going into any pitch.
· Raise EMX’s profile in the industry demonstrating our brilliant thought leadership, strategic innovation and effectiveness in planning - this would include winning awards for innovative and effective thinking.
· Help to craft and evolve our agency story to ensure we deliver the EssenceMediacom global vision whilst balancing our local USPs. Align this vision with the wider global leadership team and demonstrate leadership amongst the global community
· Work with our global teams to ensure our planning tools are adopted and widely used in the agency and find new ways to adapt and evolve by demonstrating best practice in market
· Work with teams to ensure GroupM tools are fit for purpose for our clients and new business pitches as well as working closely with EMX teams to drive adoption and roll out of our tools and capability across the business
What we expect from you:
· 10+ years of experience in developing and implementing marketing solutions for clients of varying size and budget
· Experience originating and evolving strategic solutions for clients based on marketing and business solutions, preferably in a senior management role
· Experience developing market leading planning solutions, driven by data and analytics, and proven to deliver business results
· Varied experience in leading and managing teams, including leading large cross-client and cross-discpline groups, with the ability to inspire and guide at all levels
· Knowledge and application of audience and data strategies across paid, owned and earned media and across multiple data sets
· Strong knowledge of both theory and application in terms of data, tech and resources with a focus on the development of bespoke solutions dependent on client and market need
· Proven ability to lead and drive new business growth alongside the ability to identify and develop opportunities across our existing client base
· Extensive knowledge of industry planning and insight tools (WARC, KANTAR, AdIntel, Techedge, Telmar, GWI, Brandwatch, Mediatel, YouGov, eMarketer)
· Keen ability to spot upcoming trends and research possibilities
· Varied experience in crafting and presenting award winning work, nurturing teams through the process and identifying future growth opportunities
· Collaboration and leadership in client and industry facing thought pieces, i.e presentation, talks, written articles etc. A key representative for EMX and what we stand for in the public eye
· Strong knowledge of the mechanics and workings of departments, skillset s and teams across the business that drive growth and marketing solutions throughout the process
EssenceMediacomX’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an EssenceMediacomX employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.