EssenceMediacom | Associate Director, Communications PlanningApply Now
REPORTING OF THE ROLE
This role reports to the Associate – Digital
BEST THINGS ABOUT THE JOB
- This position affords the opportunity to work for a globally networked client which uses a very robust proprietary marketing-oriented planning framework.
- This client is a leading innovator in the industry and thirsty for market-first innovations.
- Ability to further your career in markets other than Philippines.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
In 3 months you would have:
Demonstrate understanding of the client using data to gain insight on business challenges. You will also be up to speed with the competitor landscape for the client's industry.
In 6 months you would have:
Be the person whom the client goes to for day-to-day digital insight and activities. Begin to propose ideas and activities to answer identified challenges.
In 12 months you would have:
Mentor and handle performance appraisal for team and lead projects independently.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Client servicing, relationship management and demonstrating digital leadership & expertise across brands.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of client businesses and ensure digital strategies align with brands & corporate business objectives and needs.
- To plan and develop ideas for “media first” innovations and build capability in strategy.
- Be unafraid to push back, be bold and stand your ground in terms of ideas internally and externally.
- Collaborate with core planning & implementation teams to ensure optimal integration of digital solutions in the overall brand plans, and ensure deployment of best-in-class digital implementation across brands.
- Grow team’s digital capabilities and develop strategic plans for all the key brands.
- Work closely with the core team on all the reports, digital trainings/workshops.
- Oversee the team’s day to day tasks, ensure quality service delivery and efficient implementation across all brands.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum 3 – 4 years work experience in business consultancy, market research/analytics or a strategic planning role, of which at least 3-4 years have been spent working on media/communications planning related business. Media agency experience optional but working knowledge of media planning required.
- Experience in developing and implementing various digital strategies.
- Experience in managing both small and large media budgets.
- An independent, self-driven and responsible individual, with multi-tasking and decision making abilities.
- Significant proven experience of working with multiple stakeholders, e.g. suppliers, advertising/marketing agencies, media owners.
- Detailed awareness of the digital industry, industry trends, consumer trends, market status and competition.
- A depth of understanding of the digital industry and consumer's online media habits.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and number skills
- Passion for media
- Good understanding of media channels, both digital and traditional
- Ability to make an impact!
More about Mediacom
Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2020 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Eurobest and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Groupe PSA, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
About the Philippines
In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one of the fastest growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating “an unprecedented period of macro-economic buoyancy and political stability”, spurring both domestic and international business growth. It is also one of the largest and fastest growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years.
With a population of 109.5 million, 59.2% of these currently have access to the internet. By 2022, the Philippines' internet population is forecasted to be 73%. Coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint, GroupM Philippines is well-positioned as an exciting and innovative organization for media players and talent to be.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.
You will work with the Digital Associate/Director, teams and clients to develop strategy scope, recommended approach for digital projects and manage campaigns for assigned accounts