EssenceMediacom | Business DirectorApply Now
EssenceMediacom | Business Director
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Managing Director
3 best things about the job:
- A fun environment that combines the best of being entrepreneurial whilst at the same time being part of the largest marketing services group in the region
- You will be working with an incredibly diverse group of people from all over the world who really are experts in their field
- The China market is mission critical for this global brand, so you will be the centre of attention and it will provide you immediate exposure to International visibility and frontier data & analytics technology.
In three months:
- Build and maintain productive relationship with clients, agency peers & stakeholders
- You need to have the initial development plan for current team
- You need to have a full understanding of client’s business and start to support the general manager to achieve both client and company targets
- You need to have an initial individual business plan for yourself
- Prove yourself as a reliable point of the contact for both client and agency stakeholders
- You need help to the whole team to design the future outcome and improvement
- Key contact across entire planning cycle for senior brand clients and media directors/managers;
- Must have in-depth knowledge on client category, brands and specific client’s requests and needs to provide appropriate input and direction to the agency units driving the entire value exchange process;
- Engage with senior level/clients to deliver media solutions that effectively, efficiently build business and brand value. Build relationships based on trust and real partnerships;
- Responsible for team motivation and Company/Dept. vision alignment. Manage the team day to day acting as a mentor to junior employees.
- 8 years+ experience in Media Planning
- Should have conceptualized and executed large media content coop and amplification programs
- Should be able motivate and lead a large team
- Should be able to collaborate with multi-agency, multi-function team
- Should have high EQ to work in ambiguity
- Be proactive, drive media best practice for client, take the lead to guide client’s media thinking, without waiting for Client brief.
- Fluent English speaking and writing
More about EssenceMediacom
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people.
EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
In a population of 69 million people, Thailand’s mobile penetration is at a whopping 120% with smart phone penetration at 50%. Digital spend has grown 38% year-on-year and most people are now accessing the internet via mobile devices. Bangkok is one of the top Facebook cities in the world and Thailand ranks high in time spend viewing YouTube.
The audience fragmentation, following years of a virtual FTA TV duopoly, is creating huge trading and content opportunities. Thailand is one of the fastest-growing media markets in the region. Those looking for a rewarding and dynamic career in media have no better place to be than Thailand.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
EssenceMediacom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Business Director to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for day to day activities on the client(s) assigned. You will be overall in charge of integrated planning and executing.