EssenceMediacom | Head of Creative Futures. APAC (VP)Apply Now
EssenceMediacom | Head of Creative Futures. APAC (VP)
Title: Head of Creative Futures. APAC (VP)
GroupM’s newest and largest agency – delivers marketing breakthroughs for their clients. Disrupting the old models across media, creative, innovation and analytics, the agency has been built to find new opportunities for brands and deliver truly integrated media solutions.
Composed of 10,000 people across 120 offices globally EssenceMediacom combines Essence’s performance, data, analytics and creative technology DNA with MediaCom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise.
The agency includes an enviable global client roster, which includes adidas, Bayer, Dell, Google, Mars, NBCUniversal, PlayStation, Procter & Gamble, The Coca-Cola Company and Uber, and will be responsible for more than $21bn in global media billings.
EssenceMediacom Creative Futures works at the intersection of data and technology, media and creative to drive relevance from brands. Not disruptive or annoying, we strive to reshape how brands connect with consumers by creating advertising that is relevant and useful to the end user. Our data-driven and insight-led approach truly delivers on the promise of 'right moment, right message’.
Visit essencemediacom.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
Creative Futures is EssenceMediacom’s data and technology-led creative practice, spanning three disciplines; Culture, Content and Digital Technology. The team operates globally for many of EssenceMediacom’s biggest clients. We are looking for a commercial, strategic, driven and highly experienced person to take a lead role in delivering the growth ambitions of our talented team.
As the Practice Lead in APAC (based in Singapore), you will take overall responsibility for the Creative Futures team and its outputs, They are a multifaceted, specialist team of strategists, creatives and producers that deliver work that is not only beautiful but highly engaging and deeply relevant to the target consumer.
You will need to build trusted partnerships with our clients (Google being one of the main ones), within our Creative Futures teams and other Media Futures Group / EssenceMediacom discipline leads. For clients, it’s critical to understand their business, understand them as people and understand the environment in which they operate. You will foster the environment to marry client objectives with high quality thinking and great work. For our teams, it’s urgent that we continue to develop and promote the quality of the work. This involves helping to lead and mentor key team members and shape a vision for the way creative functions within the agency.
We’re looking for a proven leader with a track record of managing content / innovation / partnership driven campaigns and initiatives for large, global / multinational companies or Clients. The ideal candidate has a cultural pulse (experience in APAC is ideal) equipped with the skills to manage multiple projects, lead a team located in different markets and can collaborate with various stakeholders internally and externally.
We want someone who can passionately represent EssenceMediacom, develop a talented team, ensure outstanding delivery to the client, and create opportunities for our relationship to blossom.
This is a unique opportunity to lead a key practice within EssenceMediacom and one that we see as a cornerstone to our future success.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Lead the Creative Futures team in EssenceMediacom and Media Futures Group.
- Develop and deliver thought leadership and creative solutions that strengthen clients’ market distinction and leadership position
- Develop and direct creative work of the highest caliber with their team.
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively lead a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
- Identify key capability / resource gaps, and mitigate the risks associated with them.
- Oversee the delivery of outstanding people processes that enable exceptional personal development for our people and make them feel valued.
- Mentor / coach others in becoming ‘trusted advisors’ to their clients, helping them to drive client satisfaction in harmony with revenue generation and profitability
- Our clients are typically strategic, intelligent, results-driven and commercial – you’ll need to be the same. You will become a trusted advisor to those clients, advising and influencing strategy and challenging them when required.
- Represent the EssenceMediacom Creative Futures offering in new business situations.
- Work with internal stakeholders in managing a healthy P&L.
A bit about yourself:
- Strong familiarity and experience with the APAC market including creative/production community
- Extensive creative/content/innovation/partnerships experience across all channels.
- A proven track record in defining and leading large client relationships and marketing campaigns on fast moving accounts.
- Exceptional presentation skills, with experience of securing buy-in at the highest level.
- Passionate about effective and disruptive creativity, and well versed on the latest industry trends and news.
- Self-motivated to drive opportunities that align with both client and Essence goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and deliver results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- You believe in open, candid and honest communication at all times, both internally and with clients.
- You believe that empowering those working with you is the best way for everyone to succeed; you look to trust, empower and coach to unleash potential.
What you can expect from EssenceMediacom
EssenceMediacom’s mission is to provide breakthroughs for brands. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an EssenceMediacom employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
About GroupM Singapore
|GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means, that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients, renowned brands and media owners. Making GroupM Singapore the Number One organisation to join and develop your career in media investment.|
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.